1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Good All Around Truck
By Mopar Fan on 03/03/05 23:11 PM (PST)

1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had this truck for almost 2 years. It has 90k miles and giving it a tune up and changing fluids is the only thing I've ever had to do. It is very dependable and tows my 18ft fishing boat with ease. Very impressed with limited-slip rear end and engine torque. I can pull boat up very slippery ramps with little or no wheel spin and it's a 2W drive.

Won't buy another Dodge!
By Chevybound on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Purchased this truck new with 2 miles on the odo. Engine has run great but no power and terrible fule ecomony. Transmission is terrible. A/C core started leaking after 2 years. Dodge had problems with these and refused to warranty.

Great Truck to drive / own
By Rambo on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This has been a great truck to drive and own. This is my first Dodge truck after Fords and Chevys and have always liked std cabs and this one is enormous. I applaud Chrysler for this great truck

Selling my beautiful truck
By lgrcpa on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Have had small electrical problems from the start, eventually resulted in transmission overhal and replacing computer. This with just 66,000 miles. I had planned on keeping this vehicle forever, now I am dumping it. Worthless piece. I am so disappointed... will never buy from Dodge again.