Reliable, good looks, fun to drive
By MeanBlueDodge on
1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB
I thought it would be good to give a review after 6+ months of owning a 1997 Dodge Laramie SLT SB 4WD pickup. I bought it with 182K and now have about 188K. It has been reliable, I did have to replace tie rod ends & track bar (PA inspection), but it has a 3" lift and I don't know the past history-so no complaints. What has impressed me is no rust (Northeast is tough on trucks), paint looks still shiny, interior needed a good cleaning but I'll be installing a new headliner and mat for the floor. I used to own a Ford F150 w/a little higher mileage (205K) but the tranny was shot and it rusting fast. Ram ++Great looks, +comfortable. Motor is real quiet,(not like the Ford)-gas mpg 16/13-just OK ;/
Favorite Features
Looks-tough looking, very comfortable, good ride, quiet engine-decent performance. Lots of room in the cab!!
Suggested Improvements
Gentleman modify your cup holder - I did!, Big side mirrors block view, 5.2L economy so-so. I think engine would probably lack power w/towing 4000+ lb loads recommend a 5.9 L (probably will only give you 1-2 mpg decrease tops).