Dependable Plow Truck
By Pete on
1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SS/T 2dr Regular Cab SB
Bought my truck from a friend with 30,00 miles on it. Had a 8' western snow plow on it. I put my 7 1/2' western on it. Been an incredible truck. Plowed snow with it every year since I bought it. Every one always says Dodge Transmissions were junk, but mine went strong. Rebuilt it in Feb. of '06 with 128,000 miles on it (not bad considering what snow plowing can do to a truck). Still has original alternator in it. My snow plow's hydraulics are powered by the battery (electric). My dodge now has 150,00 miles on it and is still a great truck. Wish it were a crew cab. Single cab w/ 6' box. Short Wheel base makes plowing very nice though. But now have 2 kids and no room for the whole family.
Favorite Features
Reliability, Fun to drive, great towing capacity. 360 cu. in. motor very powerful and reliable. 150,000 miles and uses about a quart of oil every oil change. Not too bad for a working truck.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel mileage, cup holders not a good place (hit bump and beverage spills onto the stereo controls--Pepsi makes for a sticky volume nob). Bumper and bottoms of doors started to rust at about 135,000 miles, still only surface rust not eating all the way through yet. Cloth interior wears after a while.