1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Awesome Truck!
By Cole Gerdes on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is a great truck. I don't think my Mopar engine is ever giong to die. I have 217000 miles on it and I've never replaced a single thing on the truck.

Looks Good, But...
By ColdinPa on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab ST 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Love the look, the Sport package, and the dependability of the 4x4. However, not enough power w/5.2L, 5-Spd, & Towing Pkg when towing a pop-up. However, putting a Quad in the bed did not affect drive. Also, already need rear-main replaced, and sometimes the cruise will not stay steady on highway.

EXCELLENT!
By Johnny Jackson on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I've had no problems what so ever from my truck, it's a keeper! Still looks great and drives excellent!

I Love My Ram
By Allen Grosser on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I Love My Ram. This is an excellant truck. And it's finally paid for.

Good Overall
By C_hagadone1998 on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is a good vehicle overall. I have a few problems with it. The gas mileage is really poor compared to other trucks. I think it has a little lack of power. I'll be going down the highway with it on cruise and a small little hill will come up and it will kick down to make it up the hill. Everything else is good. I'm used it off road and its fun to mess with.

damn good truck
By ducegigolo on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

im the second owner of this truck,only part changed has been the starter at 88000. It has been real dependable.the first owner was a friend and he just changed oil,nothin else had to be replace,except like brakes and tune ups.

Extremely disappointing
By ethan olson on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

My Ram 1500 is really a disappointment. I met more 1500 Ram owners that say the same. My truck has 37,000 and the cruise control, steering pump, electrical system, and power locks all had to be repaired. If that wasn't bad enough the front brake pads and rotors had to be repair/replaced at 12,500. From what other dodge owns tell me the transmission should go out soon. Before buying a RAM ask the owns that have one what they think of their truck.

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 SLT
By NapalmWD40 on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I got my Ram with the 5.9L V8 over the 5.2 because of the increased horsepower and torque. Although it doesnt seem like 10hp and 10 lb-ft would matter, the 5.2 was very underpowered for this size vehicle. I get about 13-15 mpg with this guy. It's pretty wide and long, even with the Short bed on the ext. cab. It barely fits in my garage. Only problem I have is the bottom of the doors are rusting because of poor design on Dodge's part; they failed to have enough drain holes. Aside from that, this is a great vehicle.

Nice Big Truck!
By Jamerson on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have not had this truck very long but so far it has been great. I really like the looks of the truck as well as the roomy interior. The truck seems to run good considering its size. My only complaint is the costly gas milage (13/17), but I was aware of it when I bought the truck so I guess I can't complain.