Used 1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

Laramie SLT Regular Cab Pickup (5.2L V8 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Awesome
By JoshuaS99 on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I love this truck! I bought the Ram as a much needed replacement for my 1990 Ford Bronco and I just think this is an awesome vehicle. The interior is very roomy and very well laid out. The paint is still bright and shiny even after 7 years. The transmission is smooth as is the steering with over 75,000 on the vehicle. I bought this truck used, but it is very reliable. I also love all the room the vehicle has under the hood. My only complaint is that the clear coat is very easy to damage. The top of the bedrails clouded up were I had a toolbox installed. There is a TSB out for this problem, but I solved it by getting bed rail caps.

Excellent
By Tommy on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This vehichle has 134,400 miles with one set of tires. No work, except regular service. Never even had front end lined. Tires came off my other dodge and they now have 144,000 miles. Looks better thsn a new one and is cleaner.

Excellent
By tommy on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Sweet Ezmerelda
By Nothrock on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Ezmerelda is my Green 97 Ram -The 3.9v6 under the hood is a bit under powered for the full size rig but with a lowering kit and a pwr chip you dont notice to much- the cab is awsome its like driving your living room couch. i have had the vehicle 3 yrs and it has never left me stranded - i drove GM for many years but this Ram has made a Mopar man out of me ....!