Used 1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SS/T Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Exelent Truck
By damando

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SS/T 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my truck new in 1997 and have had it ever since. Very dependable , Pulls a bayliner dual axle boat trailer with no problems. Have done most of repairs myself. After 14 yrs I only have to drop the tranny and rebuild it. I am very proud of this truck and if I can afford it I will buy another.

Comfortable ride ! Brush guard, running boards

For some reason I have had to replace my right front 4x4 u-joint 3x go figure-? Its now 2010 and I just removed the front so its a 2x4 now.

Nice, fast, simple truck!
By Thommy B.

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SS/T 2dr Regular Cab SB

Just got this black and silver 1997 dodge ram ss/t. I always have been a fan of dodge, but this has to be one of the nicest trucks out there especially with as many years it has. The throttle is still very responsive, and it's tight like a new truck. A big 5.9 liter engine is plenty of power to haul this baby around. May be somewhat tiny but don't be so certain you can run over it in your huge trucks on lifts. The napoleon affect.

Nice, simple style in truck... It took me only about maybe 5 minutes to understand all the controls and where stuff was at. Very roomy for a regular cab pickup. Plenty of power. Nice sound!

Gas mileage is pretty bad, but it is a truck. I get 10-13 in the city, and 16- 19 on the highway.

Still Smoking
By jimi

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SS/T 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought the truck new 'cause I fell in love with it. Happy to say I still am 124K miles later The truck is still the benchmark for styling and has performed almost flawlessly. The exception being the brakes, which was fixed with a higher quality pad. It has towed my boat or my camper for about half of those miles. It still runs like brand new and delivers 17 mpg at 75-80 on the freeway. With platinum plugs and 8 mm wires. Very happy and will probably never let it go.

Styling, Great ride and handling, Performance Interior layout and size

Brakes could have been better, but a hight quality pad set makes up for a lot of it. Slotted rotors w/ ceramic would be best.

Dependable Plow Truck
By Pete

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SS/T 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought my truck from a friend with 30,00 miles on it. Had a 8' western snow plow on it. I put my 7 1/2' western on it. Been an incredible truck. Plowed snow with it every year since I bought it. Every one always says Dodge Transmissions were junk, but mine went strong. Rebuilt it in Feb. of '06 with 128,000 miles on it (not bad considering what snow plowing can do to a truck). Still has original alternator in it. My snow plow's hydraulics are powered by the battery (electric). My dodge now has 150,00 miles on it and is still a great truck. Wish it were a crew cab. Single cab w/ 6' box. Short Wheel base makes plowing very nice though. But now have 2 kids and no room for the whole family.

Reliability, Fun to drive, great towing capacity. 360 cu. in. motor very powerful and reliable. 150,000 miles and uses about a quart of oil every oil change. Not too bad for a working truck.

Fuel mileage, cup holders not a good place (hit bump and beverage spills onto the stereo controls--Pepsi makes for a sticky volume nob). Bumper and bottoms of doors started to rust at about 135,000 miles, still only surface rust not eating all the way through yet. Cloth interior wears after a while.

Great truck
By best truck ever

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SS/T 2dr Regular Cab SB

Excellent truck, the women always love it. Very sexy (black with silver stripes). Runs like a Dodge, and keeps on running. I'm selling it only because of the price of gasoline (she can't help it if she loves to chug, it's how she was built!)

Car like interior