Used 1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Never get stranded again
By Jake Ramey

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab LT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I love my Ram. I've always heard people complain of death wobble or trans problems and I've honestly not had any of those. Truck has 327k miles on it. She just keeps on trucking. The seats are the most comfortable ones I've ever had the pleasure of sitting on. Gas mileage isn't the greatest but it's a truck.

Exelent Truck
By damando

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SS/T 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my truck new in 1997 and have had it ever since. Very dependable , Pulls a bayliner dual axle boat trailer with no problems. Have done most of repairs myself. After 14 yrs I only have to drop the tranny and rebuild it. I am very proud of this truck and if I can afford it I will buy another.

Comfortable ride ! Brush guard, running boards

For some reason I have had to replace my right front 4x4 u-joint 3x go figure-? Its now 2010 and I just removed the front so its a 2x4 now.

The Turd
By fishrman

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab LT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This lemon is currently in the weeds behind our shed. (Waiting for scrap value to go up). We replaced the transmission twice, plus spent about 6000 on misc repairs and countless breakdowns in the two years it was actually on the road. It was purchased used, so its condition could have been due to prior mistreatment. However, I will NEVER buy a Dodge again. Ever. What a money pit.

Nice, fast, simple truck!
By Thommy B.

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SS/T 2dr Regular Cab SB

Just got this black and silver 1997 dodge ram ss/t. I always have been a fan of dodge, but this has to be one of the nicest trucks out there especially with as many years it has. The throttle is still very responsive, and it's tight like a new truck. A big 5.9 liter engine is plenty of power to haul this baby around. May be somewhat tiny but don't be so certain you can run over it in your huge trucks on lifts. The napoleon affect.

Nice, simple style in truck... It took me only about maybe 5 minutes to understand all the controls and where stuff was at. Very roomy for a regular cab pickup. Plenty of power. Nice sound!

Gas mileage is pretty bad, but it is a truck. I get 10-13 in the city, and 16- 19 on the highway.

Runs like a champ!
By urbancowboy0307

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I love this truck. I got if from my Grandfather after he passed a couple years ago, had 35K on it now has 78K. Nothing big has gone yet. replaced shocks (70K on them!), steering pump (65K on it) Truck is getting me 17.8 MPG in town. Starts everyday no matter the weather, nice smooth ride. I've got the 5.2 L which could use just a tad more power to really move, but I don't do much towing so it's fine for me.

Exterior looks, this is the "sports car" of truck styling.