Used 1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Awesome
By JoshuaS99

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I love this truck! I bought the Ram as a much needed replacement for my 1990 Ford Bronco and I just think this is an awesome vehicle. The interior is very roomy and very well laid out. The paint is still bright and shiny even after 7 years. The transmission is smooth as is the steering with over 75,000 on the vehicle. I bought this truck used, but it is very reliable. I also love all the room the vehicle has under the hood. My only complaint is that the clear coat is very easy to damage. The top of the bedrails clouded up were I had a toolbox installed. There is a TSB out for this problem, but I solved it by getting bed rail caps.

Suggested Improvements

I would improve the shift points on the transmission to make them a little more firm. I would also like to see a HEMI offered, but that was taken care of in the 2003 model!

Excellent
By tommy

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This vehichle has 134,400 miles with one set of tires. No work, except regular service. Never even had front end lined. Tires came off my other dodge and they now have 144,000 miles. Looks better thsn a new one and is cleaner.

Favorite Features

horsepower

Suggested Improvements

improve torqe converter

Excellent
By Tommy

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Favorite Features

horsepower

Suggested Improvements

improve torqe converter

Sweet Ezmerelda
By Nothrock

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Ezmerelda is my Green 97 Ram -The 3.9v6 under the hood is a bit under powered for the full size rig but with a lowering kit and a pwr chip you dont notice to much- the cab is awsome its like driving your living room couch. i have had the vehicle 3 yrs and it has never left me stranded - i drove GM for many years but this Ram has made a Mopar man out of me ....!

Favorite Features

Love the Ram's Classic body style and roomy comfy cab. Its Grimacing look as it closes in on you in the rear view mirror!

Suggested Improvements

its all good