1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Exelent Truck
By damando on 09/25/11 19:14 PM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SS/T 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my truck new in 1997 and have had it ever since. Very dependable , Pulls a bayliner dual axle boat trailer with no problems. Have done most of repairs myself. After 14 yrs I only have to drop the tranny and rebuild it. I am very proud of this truck and if I can afford it I will buy another.

Nice, fast, simple truck!
By Thommy B. on 06/14/10 18:18 PM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SS/T 2dr Regular Cab SB

Just got this black and silver 1997 dodge ram ss/t. I always have been a fan of dodge, but this has to be one of the nicest trucks out there especially with as many years it has. The throttle is still very responsive, and it's tight like a new truck. A big 5.9 liter engine is plenty of power to haul this baby around. May be somewhat tiny but don't be so certain you can run over it in your huge trucks on lifts. The napoleon affect.

Still Smoking
By jimi on 08/01/08 08:57 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SS/T 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought the truck new 'cause I fell in love with it. Happy to say I still am 124K miles later The truck is still the benchmark for styling and has performed almost flawlessly. The exception being the brakes, which was fixed with a higher quality pad. It has towed my boat or my camper for about half of those miles. It still runs like brand new and delivers 17 mpg at 75-80 on the freeway. With platinum plugs and 8 mm wires. Very happy and will probably never let it go.

Dependable Plow Truck
By Pete on 06/08/08 09:07 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SS/T 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought my truck from a friend with 30,00 miles on it. Had a 8' western snow plow on it. I put my 7 1/2' western on it. Been an incredible truck. Plowed snow with it every year since I bought it. Every one always says Dodge Transmissions were junk, but mine went strong. Rebuilt it in Feb. of '06 with 128,000 miles on it (not bad considering what snow plowing can do to a truck). Still has original alternator in it. My snow plow's hydraulics are powered by the battery (electric). My dodge now has 150,00 miles on it and is still a great truck. Wish it were a crew cab. Single cab w/ 6' box. Short Wheel base makes plowing very nice though. But now have 2 kids and no room for the whole family.

Great truck
By best truck ever on 04/18/08 16:40 PM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SS/T 2dr Regular Cab SB

Excellent truck, the women always love it. Very sexy (black with silver stripes). Runs like a Dodge, and keeps on running. I'm selling it only because of the price of gasoline (she can't help it if she loves to chug, it's how she was built!)

Great Truck to drive for fun!
By Nathan Jessup on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SS/T 2dr Regular Cab SB

I love my Dodge SS/T. The only gripe is the gas mileage. With this kind of power I guess it is to be expected. I have had no problems of any kind and in 6 years have only replaced the battery once. With the Limited Slip and Wide Tires I have to watch how hard I get on the gas when it is wet outside. The Beast will go slipping around the corners when it is wet since it takes so little effort to put power to the wheels. It always get lots of looks where ever we go.

bad to the bone
By Fourspeed70 on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SS/T 2dr Regular Cab SB

I love my truck,rides great and pulls a 24ft Enclosed Trailer with eas. The girls aways smile and give the thumbs up when I ride by. It always turns heads and that is fun.I wanted the blue w/ white stripes but couldn't get it because there was none in the area and the plants were on strike.I got the black w/ silver stripe and I'm glad I did.

1997 Dodge 1500 4x4 Regular Cab
By moparpartsman on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SS/T 2dr Regular Cab SB

Overall this has been a great vehicle. Chicks dig these trucks fellas! Very fun to drive but not very good on gasoline. My two previous and next truck will be Dodges.

" This thing is a beast !! "
By zaxdada on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SS/T 2dr Regular Cab SB

That was how my 5 year old described his first ride in my truck. After driving an F350 all day, I get into my Dodge and realize how much nicer it is to drive. The interior is setup as it should be, convenient and comfortable. The ride is outstanding for a truck this size. And last but not least, my SS/T hauls butt. The 5.9 gets up to speed quickly and smoothly. As for offroad performance - well the SS/T wasn't exactly made for that, but I'll take a great looking, fast Dodge over my muddy F350 4x4 any day of the week !!