1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: Satified with 96 Dodge

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Review

Satified with 96 Dodge
By SteveB5815 on

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I liked the "new" style Dodge trucks since they came out in '94. When my Blazer crapped out leaving me stranded on the highway, I decided it was time for a change. This truck has been very reliable so far. Maintenance is a must, . I don't drive my stuff into the ground then complain about it. Part of the cost of ownership is regular maintenance and abusive treatment will ruin any vehicle be it Ford Chevy or Dodge. If you want to own one of the coolest trucks ever made, get one of these models. If you want "me to" or boring then F & C are there for you.

Unique styling. Four wheel drive. Room for larger wheels and tires. Simple solid front axle design allows for easier suspension lifts. Tons of room in the cab and useful storage in the center console seat back.

Well, seeing as Dodge changed the initial design, some aftermarket improvements are: Better shocks, Geno's Garage drink holder, side steps or bars. For performance, a K&N Gen2 intake and freeflow exhaust. These trucks are cheap enough now that you can really fix 'em up to your liking.