1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 3.9L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Another quality Chrysler Product?

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

LT Regular Cab Pickup (3.9L V6 5-speed Manual)

Another quality Chrysler Product?
By Darrel on

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 LT 2dr Regular Cab LB

Why do Dodge trucks spend so much time at junk yards? Picking up parts that are unavailable from the manufacturer and taking these parts off relatively low-mile junk-yard carcasses. BTW just because the new trucks have a Hemi emblem doesn't mean it has anything to do with the Hemi of the 60-70's. It ought to say Lemi. So my Dodge, 176k miles currently on second engine and transmission. Actually not bad considering it's a Dodge. I wouldn't be happy with that low of a performance out of a quality automobile like Nissan or Toyota, but it's just a Dodge. So, now that it isn't American anymore why would anyone buy one? I guess the next 12 months will gives the answer to that.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is that the Dodge dealers never have the part I need and they want to charge 4 or 5x the reasonable cost of such a part. This inevitably drives me away and I keep finding better deals online, at junk yards, on eBay, or on Craigslist. Honestly I love this feature.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing, it is interesting to see just how backwards and poorly designed their products become before consumers write them off completely. As for cost cutting measures, I doubt there are any finer examples of cutting corners, skimping on quality, and misleading consumers. Way to go Chrysler!