1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: Good truck overall

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

LT Regular Cab Pickup (5.2L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Good truck overall
By GRMHick on

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 LT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck because I wanted a vehicle that could do almost everything, and be a solid vehicle to start out with. I got that and more. I just wish that it didnt cost as much as a BMW to maintain. To date I have replaced the head gaskets, one transmission, and am on the third transfer case at 100,000 miles. I have the truck on 33" tires, and It is known to be the slowest truck of all my friends (318 v8). I dont beat on it, or take it further than it should go. But if you dont mind those few things, my truck will do everything and way more.

Comfterable interrior. Lots of room for a regular cab truck. Soft ride. Very easy to ride in for 6-10 hours straight. My idea of the perfect vacation (camping) vehicle.

The engine needs more power. The automatic transmission needs an improvment. I sugguest a manual transmission. Also, the transfer case needs a stronger output shaft.