1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
This truck kicks @ss!
By Thomas123 on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've had my truck for almost 8 months now, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. It is amazingly powerful with the 5.9L V8, and it is truely fun to drive.

Dodge Ram Sport
By RamFan on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Was in the shop twice for tranny problems. The first time was the day after I bought it - O-ring installed improperly. The second time a spool valve needed replaced (made tranny noisy in reverse). Also, the FM section of the Infinity stereo comes and goes. Actually, no major problems. I plan on keeping it for many years.

96 Ram 1500 SLT SB
By lastdodge on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

The 96 Dodge is confortable to ride in. It would have been a good truck, except in 48,000 miles I have had two transmission put in. Gas milage is poor. Power is adequate.

Performance truck
By brjr on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck has been great. Only minor problems with things like pwr seat and 4 wheel drive. 5.9L pulls a 26ft trailer with ease. 4WD gets me in and out of anything I tried. Installed K/N and performance computer plus 3 inch exhaust and got good response out of each. Ride is good but not great, but prefer the solid front axle to anything else. Truck has held up well with regular maintenance and I don't baby it off road. Getting ready to move up to a 2500 with Turbo Diesel.

the 96 @ newer dodge's are junk
By dodgeman on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

The tramisson went out about 4 mo ago and have had troube with it.

Underpowered, but still does the job
By Mr.Dodge on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 WS 2dr Regular Cab LB

The V6 isn't powerful enough, sheet metal is weak, & the brake design isn't the best. It gets decent gas mileage & is reliable. It will haul the load, but won't get you cross-country fast. The 5- speed makes it fun. It was easy towing my friend's 66 Chevelle with a tow dolly on the tongue. The truck is good for city driving & mild highway driving. It can handle front impacts, but not side impacts. I've seen a 98 Ram get T-boned. If there was a driver in the vehicle, he/she would have been seriously hurt. The driver's side door was pushed in & almost touched the steering wheel. I should have went for a V8, 4 wheel ABS, & limited slip, but am satisfied for now.

Great Truck
By MidWest on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I ordered this truck when my company did away with our vehicles in 1995. I got about every option available. I've driven it every day 2.5 years with very few problems. I've driven in all kinds of weather. I often get out in fields in poor conditions to check on gas transmission lines. It has always got me in and out. I do service engine regularly between 3,000 & 3,500 miles. Change transmission oil and filters about every 25,000 miles. I'd rather pay now rather than later and probably service my truck better than most.

r
By rickvan on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Good solid truck, comfortable, useful, drives well in the highway. Has been pretty dependable and has needed only minor repairs. Gas mileage could be better but it's not bad compared to most small v8s ans v6s.

dodge half tone
By ranchhouse on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

have had very few problems -- nothing that should be unexpected, warranty has been hassle-free,

Satified with 96 Dodge
By SteveB5815 on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I liked the "new" style Dodge trucks since they came out in '94. When my Blazer crapped out leaving me stranded on the highway, I decided it was time for a change. This truck has been very reliable so far. Maintenance is a must, . I don't drive my stuff into the ground then complain about it. Part of the cost of ownership is regular maintenance and abusive treatment will ruin any vehicle be it Ford Chevy or Dodge. If you want to own one of the coolest trucks ever made, get one of these models. If you want "me to" or boring then F & C are there for you.