1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: A Decent truck

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Review

A Decent truck
By st31n on

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

This is the only Chrysler vehicle I have ever owned. It didn't have the "transmission problem" I have heard about with Chrysler. When I bought it, it had 164k miles on it. Its really reliable, and for an old beater truck it gets decent gas mileage, about 13 average mpg. The only thing I didn't like about it is that it was really rusty. The rocker panels and door bottoms are rotted off, amazingly the underbelly is still solid. The truck sure had power though. And its really durable. I was in an accident involving a parked car, my truck totaled the car, but didn't even dent the bumper on the truck. Overall, I'd say it's a good truck.

Automatic 4 wheel drive, sliding rear window, Its Size, Large cab.

I don't think I have any. The rust problem is probably a result of a previous owner using it as a mudding truck, since they normally don't rot out that bad.
By lilyjeep
on 10/16/12 17:39 PM (PDT)

Well Good LucK!!! I just put a new transmission in an 1995 with 175,000 miles. Its a good truck after all the American Made problems are fixed. Its my 3rd Chrysler product and they don't measure up for quality like I'm used to with other bands