1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Putting It Back Into Use
By Mad Dog on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I found this '95 online and bought it spring of 2010 for backup vehicle & weekend rides. Limited use from previous owner ("for hunt'n/fish'n"). With only 65k miles on it, most issues are from sitting in a barn (headliner dry/falling, etc.) and some frame rust (drop'n boat in & out). More than enough truck 4 my needs. Great reliability so far. Got one small patch of the usually paint peel, some oxidizing too. My 17yr old son loves the truck as well; cant wait to get something else for him so I can have my truck back! Good, strong, simple truck; w/minor restoration, minimal winter exposure, this truck could definitely last me through retirement (another 15 years yet)!

It's a truck
By NarleyCarley on 07/25/06 11:52 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Not bad for an almost quarter million mile truck. Dodge's are not known for gas mileage but strong engine. Big interior for a regular cab.

No More Dodge
By DownDodge on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Peeling Paint, rusting doors, and it is not even 10 years old. Has been undercoated and paint protected every year since new. Cruise control works when if feels like. Last 22000 miles it has been missing,bucking and kicking at 45 to 65 MPH despite three sets of plug wires and distributer caps. Oil has been changed every 3K. Trans every 60K. Seat has torn around the adjustment for lumbar support. I see 10 year old GM/Ford Products with less care looking better.

'95 Dodge Ram 1500
By Daddyo1742 on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Excellent truck mechanically, very reliable, but very poor cosmetically. By age 5, headliner had started to fall, external clearcoat was wearing away, and vinyl top of dashboard was developing major cracks.

SUPERB TRUCK
By KANSASNELSON on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I HAVE OWNED THIS TRUCK FOR 7 YEARS AND 17 DAYS AGO WAS INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT- - 18 YR OLD RAN STOP SIGN WHILE WE WERE TRAVELING 60 MPH! - TRUCK TOTALLED. BUT I TRULY BELIEVE THIS TRUCK SAVED OUR LIVES. HAVE DONE THE BASIC MAINT. ON IT. NO MAJOR STUFF - STARTER AND WATER PUMP AND THAT WAS JUST WITHIN THE LAST YEAR. HAVE 140,989 MI AND IT HAS PURRED ALL THESE YEARS. EXCEPT FOR THE PEELING PAINT - WHICH CHRYSLER WOULD NOT COVER - ANOTHER LONG STORY- I'VE BEEN VERY PLEASED WITH THE TRUCK. I ALSO PULL A 20 FT BOAT WITH IT AND HAVE NOT ONE PROBLEM WITH THAT. I WILL BE GETTING ANOTHER RAM ! THIS TRUCK IS RAM TOUGH !!

95 Ram
By PoppaJ20 on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've owned it for a year now & love it. The mileage isn't great, but it's a full size. The design is sweet.

best truck I've owned..used.
By joffficer on 03/14/02 18:14 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck with 40K miles on it. I've owned ford, chevy and toyota but this has been the best yet! It's loaded, drives Great and has been very depenedable! I can't say that for any of my prior trucks.... other than the toyota (but that was useless as a truck). My wife has been using it as her daily driver, and I feel better knowing she is safe. On weekends I use it to tow my boat (2000+ pounds), work around the house and what ever else is needed. And it looks GREAT... tough and classy! Even with 7 years under the tires people still compliment it.