1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Putting It Back Into Use
By Mad Dog on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I found this '95 online and bought it spring of 2010 for backup vehicle & weekend rides. Limited use from previous owner ("for hunt'n/fish'n"). With only 65k miles on it, most issues are from sitting in a barn (headliner dry/falling, etc.) and some frame rust (drop'n boat in & out). More than enough truck 4 my needs. Great reliability so far. Got one small patch of the usually paint peel, some oxidizing too. My 17yr old son loves the truck as well; cant wait to get something else for him so I can have my truck back! Good, strong, simple truck; w/minor restoration, minimal winter exposure, this truck could definitely last me through retirement (another 15 years yet)!

A Decent truck
By st31n on 04/13/10 23:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

This is the only Chrysler vehicle I have ever owned. It didn't have the "transmission problem" I have heard about with Chrysler. When I bought it, it had 164k miles on it. Its really reliable, and for an old beater truck it gets decent gas mileage, about 13 average mpg. The only thing I didn't like about it is that it was really rusty. The rocker panels and door bottoms are rotted off, amazingly the underbelly is still solid. The truck sure had power though. And its really durable. I was in an accident involving a parked car, my truck totaled the car, but didn't even dent the bumper on the truck. Overall, I'd say it's a good truck.

Best truck I ever owned!
By sew and sew on 11/27/09 17:07 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab WS 2dr Regular Cab LB

Purchased this truck new in 1995. It currently has 105000 mi. on the odometer. Other than the usual maintenance, I have only had to replace one significant mechanical part - a $400 steering box. I thought about buying a new truck in 2009, but since I haven't had any major mechanical problemms, I decided to do a cosmetic makeover. Sent it to the body shop and had all the dings taken out and new paint applied. I then installed new front and rear bumpers, new grill, new headlights and tailights. Also installed new bedliner and cover and new tires and wheels. Because I am an upholsterer, I was able to bring the interior back to new condition. I am now enjoying my new 14 yr. old truck!

Impressive
By Todd on 04/15/09 08:38 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab LT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This truck has TONS of power. Not good for city commuting but MUCH fun when your forcast indicates 10"+ snow. A great and reliable vehicle! I have the sport edition with the bed cover.

Amazing truck
By K.B.F on 02/02/09 18:01 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I haven't had the truck for very long but it is a great truck. It has 188,000 miles on it and is still running strong! It drives great in the snow and pulls like a beast. It has only had regular matenance and a new transmission. I love it. Its got a 5.9 liter v8 so I don't expect any sort of good gas mileage from it but that's okay it's a good truck. And one of my head lights its full of water. I would like to know how that happened!

Best Truck Driven
By My Ram - The Beast on 06/01/07 15:39 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought my Ram used last year, and it runs great. The 5.9 V8 is awesome, fast and powerful for a truck this size, this old. The interior is great, really comfortable. Two problems though. The cupholders. Every time I put a drink in my cupholder, it'll fall when I take a curve. I actually installed another cupholder on the middle hump in the floor. The paint. is peeling bad, and shouldn't peel so soon. Plus, bad mileage.

It's a truck
By NarleyCarley on 07/25/06 11:52 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Not bad for an almost quarter million mile truck. Dodge's are not known for gas mileage but strong engine. Big interior for a regular cab.

Love my old Ram
By Roxynoodle on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

My truck will be 10 in August and has more than 200,000 miles. The steering is a little loose these days but this truck has done everything I've ever asked of it and then some. It has towed my horse trailer, driven through 3 feet of snow, carried 5200 lbs of gravel and never complained. Always starts on the first try!

Bullgods Dodge Review
By bullgod74 on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have owned this modell truck for 9 years and have never had any trouble. Only replacements have been the normal maintenance like oil, oil filter, air filter, brakes, rotors, shocks, and tires.

Nice Truck
By jof on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I purchsed this truck with 79,000 miles on it a little over 2 years ago. The truck is now showing 102,000 miles and I have done little work to it (tires, shocks, o/p sending unit, routine maintenance). It has never failed to start. If you can find a good, clean one that has been well taken care of, I would recommend this truck for those that do not want to pay $32,000+ for a new one.