Used 1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

I will never buy another Dodge as long as I live
By Steele Robinson

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab LT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is the biggest [non-permissible content removed] that I have ever owned in my life I am over 65 years old and have owned many vehicles in my lifetime but this one has been the worst one I have ever owned bar none !!! It is falling apart just two years after I bought it. I have put four thousand dollars in repairs and it has left me on the road eight times. I had FOUR TOYOTA trucks before it for my work as a Residential builder and I never even had to do a tune up to them till after 125,000 miles !!! I still have one of my Toyotas T100 from 96 and it has run and run and run. With 287,000 miles on it I have tuned it up twice and changed oil regular. Replaced head gasket last year and it still runs like a champ. I have pulled Fords, Chevys, and GMC trucks out of the snow almost every year. Can't brag on it enough. I have drove it through rivers, and anywhere I wanted to go never got stuck. I have a Tundra now and it is even better than my other Toyotas NEVER AGAIN, NEVER NEVER EVER BUY A DODGE !!!

Putting It Back Into Use
By Mad Dog

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I found this '95 online and bought it spring of 2010 for backup vehicle & weekend rides. Limited use from previous owner ("for hunt'n/fish'n"). With only 65k miles on it, most issues are from sitting in a barn (headliner dry/falling, etc.) and some frame rust (drop'n boat in & out). More than enough truck 4 my needs. Great reliability so far. Got one small patch of the usually paint peel, some oxidizing too. My 17yr old son loves the truck as well; cant wait to get something else for him so I can have my truck back! Good, strong, simple truck; w/minor restoration, minimal winter exposure, this truck could definitely last me through retirement (another 15 years yet)!

It's a Dodge; Red Color Scheme; Simple truck, yet w/a few bells & whistles; rugged-time-tested 318c.i. engine.

The Infamous Cup holder (I've stain my carpet more than once >> stuff napkins in w/cup helps, and "2010 Dunkin Donuts White & Brown Travel Mug, 16 oz is the only cup/mug I found that fits and stays put).

A Decent truck
By st31n

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

This is the only Chrysler vehicle I have ever owned. It didn't have the "transmission problem" I have heard about with Chrysler. When I bought it, it had 164k miles on it. Its really reliable, and for an old beater truck it gets decent gas mileage, about 13 average mpg. The only thing I didn't like about it is that it was really rusty. The rocker panels and door bottoms are rotted off, amazingly the underbelly is still solid. The truck sure had power though. And its really durable. I was in an accident involving a parked car, my truck totaled the car, but didn't even dent the bumper on the truck. Overall, I'd say it's a good truck.

Automatic 4 wheel drive, sliding rear window, Its Size, Large cab.

I don't think I have any. The rust problem is probably a result of a previous owner using it as a mudding truck, since they normally don't rot out that bad.

Best truck I ever owned!
By sew and sew

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab WS 2dr Regular Cab LB

Purchased this truck new in 1995. It currently has 105000 mi. on the odometer. Other than the usual maintenance, I have only had to replace one significant mechanical part - a $400 steering box. I thought about buying a new truck in 2009, but since I haven't had any major mechanical problemms, I decided to do a cosmetic makeover. Sent it to the body shop and had all the dings taken out and new paint applied. I then installed new front and rear bumpers, new grill, new headlights and tailights. Also installed new bedliner and cover and new tires and wheels. Because I am an upholsterer, I was able to bring the interior back to new condition. I am now enjoying my new 14 yr. old truck!

Good fuel economy for a full size truck. Lots of interior room for a standard cab. Rides more like a large sedan than truck. Exterior styling.

170 hp. is adequate power until you are traveling up a very long (like 2 mi. in length) hill. Ridiculous cup holder.

Impressive
By Todd

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab LT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This truck has TONS of power. Not good for city commuting but MUCH fun when your forcast indicates 10"+ snow. A great and reliable vehicle! I have the sport edition with the bed cover.

My favorite features are the 4 wheel drive and the Infinity sound system!

Such a huge engine. Not practical for city running but I bet I could pull a tow truck out of the ditch!

• SUV