Used 1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Putting It Back Into Use
By Mad Dog

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I found this '95 online and bought it spring of 2010 for backup vehicle & weekend rides. Limited use from previous owner ("for hunt'n/fish'n"). With only 65k miles on it, most issues are from sitting in a barn (headliner dry/falling, etc.) and some frame rust (drop'n boat in & out). More than enough truck 4 my needs. Great reliability so far. Got one small patch of the usually paint peel, some oxidizing too. My 17yr old son loves the truck as well; cant wait to get something else for him so I can have my truck back! Good, strong, simple truck; w/minor restoration, minimal winter exposure, this truck could definitely last me through retirement (another 15 years yet)!

It's a Dodge; Red Color Scheme; Simple truck, yet w/a few bells & whistles; rugged-time-tested 318c.i. engine.

The Infamous Cup holder (I've stain my carpet more than once >> stuff napkins in w/cup helps, and "2010 Dunkin Donuts White & Brown Travel Mug, 16 oz is the only cup/mug I found that fits and stays put).

It's a truck
By NarleyCarley

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Not bad for an almost quarter million mile truck. Dodge's are not known for gas mileage but strong engine. Big interior for a regular cab.

Large regular cab

Gas mileage

No More Dodge
By DownDodge

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Peeling Paint, rusting doors, and it is not even 10 years old. Has been undercoated and paint protected every year since new. Cruise control works when if feels like. Last 22000 miles it has been missing,bucking and kicking at 45 to 65 MPH despite three sets of plug wires and distributer caps. Oil has been changed every 3K. Trans every 60K. Seat has torn around the adjustment for lumbar support. I see 10 year old GM/Ford Products with less care looking better.

It has a lot of room in the cab. The behind the seat storage is tremendous

Better paint, transmission, ignition, rustproofing. Needs to last longer before looking seedy. Bottoms of doors should not rust out in 10 years. Paint should not peel off at all.

'95 Dodge Ram 1500
By Daddyo1742

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Excellent truck mechanically, very reliable, but very poor cosmetically. By age 5, headliner had started to fall, external clearcoat was wearing away, and vinyl top of dashboard was developing major cracks.

Very roomy, comfortable cab. I'm a big guy, and this truck has more room for me than any other standard-cab truck I've driven. Instrument panel is very well laid out and easy to read. Love the design of the seat.

Cup holder is atrocious, spills its contents in turns. Improve cosmetic problems noted above.

SUPERB TRUCK
By KANSASNELSON

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I HAVE OWNED THIS TRUCK FOR 7 YEARS AND 17 DAYS AGO WAS INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT- - 18 YR OLD RAN STOP SIGN WHILE WE WERE TRAVELING 60 MPH! - TRUCK TOTALLED. BUT I TRULY BELIEVE THIS TRUCK SAVED OUR LIVES. HAVE DONE THE BASIC MAINT. ON IT. NO MAJOR STUFF - STARTER AND WATER PUMP AND THAT WAS JUST WITHIN THE LAST YEAR. HAVE 140,989 MI AND IT HAS PURRED ALL THESE YEARS. EXCEPT FOR THE PEELING PAINT - WHICH CHRYSLER WOULD NOT COVER - ANOTHER LONG STORY- I'VE BEEN VERY PLEASED WITH THE TRUCK. I ALSO PULL A 20 FT BOAT WITH IT AND HAVE NOT ONE PROBLEM WITH THAT. I WILL BE GETTING ANOTHER RAM ! THIS TRUCK IS RAM TOUGH !!

TRAVEL PACKAGE AND TOW PACKAGE, 6 WAY POWER SEAT, ROAD HANDLING AND OF COURSE THE SAFETY ASPECT IS PRICELESS.

NEEDS IMPROVEMENTS ON PAINT APPLICATIONS.