1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Putting It Back Into Use
By Mad Dog on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I found this '95 online and bought it spring of 2010 for backup vehicle & weekend rides. Limited use from previous owner ("for hunt'n/fish'n"). With only 65k miles on it, most issues are from sitting in a barn (headliner dry/falling, etc.) and some frame rust (drop'n boat in & out). More than enough truck 4 my needs. Great reliability so far. Got one small patch of the usually paint peel, some oxidizing too. My 17yr old son loves the truck as well; cant wait to get something else for him so I can have my truck back! Good, strong, simple truck; w/minor restoration, minimal winter exposure, this truck could definitely last me through retirement (another 15 years yet)!

My old dog
By James on 05/15/10 08:36 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this old truck for a work horseand it is. It has 200300 km. The 5.2 lots of power. But it has a stumble between 2 and third gear shift. Body is very solid for a 15 year old truck. Lots of room in the cab for 3 people in fronnt and1 plus 2 dogs in the rear. haha. Go find one today there worth it.

A Decent truck
By st31n on 04/13/10 23:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

This is the only Chrysler vehicle I have ever owned. It didn't have the "transmission problem" I have heard about with Chrysler. When I bought it, it had 164k miles on it. Its really reliable, and for an old beater truck it gets decent gas mileage, about 13 average mpg. The only thing I didn't like about it is that it was really rusty. The rocker panels and door bottoms are rotted off, amazingly the underbelly is still solid. The truck sure had power though. And its really durable. I was in an accident involving a parked car, my truck totaled the car, but didn't even dent the bumper on the truck. Overall, I'd say it's a good truck.

Best truck I ever owned!
By sew and sew on 11/27/09 17:07 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 WS 2dr Regular Cab LB

Purchased this truck new in 1995. It currently has 105000 mi. on the odometer. Other than the usual maintenance, I have only had to replace one significant mechanical part - a $400 steering box. I thought about buying a new truck in 2009, but since I haven't had any major mechanical problemms, I decided to do a cosmetic makeover. Sent it to the body shop and had all the dings taken out and new paint applied. I then installed new front and rear bumpers, new grill, new headlights and tailights. Also installed new bedliner and cover and new tires and wheels. Because I am an upholsterer, I was able to bring the interior back to new condition. I am now enjoying my new 14 yr. old truck!

Impressive
By Todd on 04/15/09 08:38 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 LT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This truck has TONS of power. Not good for city commuting but MUCH fun when your forcast indicates 10"+ snow. A great and reliable vehicle! I have the sport edition with the bed cover.

Amazing truck
By K.B.F on 02/02/09 18:01 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I haven't had the truck for very long but it is a great truck. It has 188,000 miles on it and is still running strong! It drives great in the snow and pulls like a beast. It has only had regular matenance and a new transmission. I love it. Its got a 5.9 liter v8 so I don't expect any sort of good gas mileage from it but that's okay it's a good truck. And one of my head lights its full of water. I would like to know how that happened!

The big ram survived the worst winter
By AKBAR on 04/10/08 22:17 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

You want a work horse the rams your choice. I have 350+km on my beast. It plowed through the winter, with out any mech failure. When I first purchased the truck there was a stutter/hesitation in between 2nd and 3rd, .. Main source of problem was the rusted muffler and its metal chunks flyin around, same with the catalyst, after replacing by myself the problem disappeared as well as the annoying clanking sound... It was not the tranny, typically with the ram tranny of this year it will hold in second gear until you lift your foot off the gas, or just floor it to get up to speed.. Remember. The 318 is a beast and it needs to be driven a little hard cause low rpm and low speed and high gear= stress

Best Truck Driven
By My Ram - The Beast on 06/01/07 15:39 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought my Ram used last year, and it runs great. The 5.9 V8 is awesome, fast and powerful for a truck this size, this old. The interior is great, really comfortable. Two problems though. The cupholders. Every time I put a drink in my cupholder, it'll fall when I take a curve. I actually installed another cupholder on the middle hump in the floor. The paint. is peeling bad, and shouldn't peel so soon. Plus, bad mileage.

It's a truck
By NarleyCarley on 07/25/06 11:52 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Not bad for an almost quarter million mile truck. Dodge's are not known for gas mileage but strong engine. Big interior for a regular cab.

Love my old Ram
By Roxynoodle on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

My truck will be 10 in August and has more than 200,000 miles. The steering is a little loose these days but this truck has done everything I've ever asked of it and then some. It has towed my horse trailer, driven through 3 feet of snow, carried 5200 lbs of gravel and never complained. Always starts on the first try!