Used 1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Putting It Back Into Use
By Mad Dog

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I found this '95 online and bought it spring of 2010 for backup vehicle & weekend rides. Limited use from previous owner ("for hunt'n/fish'n"). With only 65k miles on it, most issues are from sitting in a barn (headliner dry/falling, etc.) and some frame rust (drop'n boat in & out). More than enough truck 4 my needs. Great reliability so far. Got one small patch of the usually paint peel, some oxidizing too. My 17yr old son loves the truck as well; cant wait to get something else for him so I can have my truck back! Good, strong, simple truck; w/minor restoration, minimal winter exposure, this truck could definitely last me through retirement (another 15 years yet)!

It's a Dodge; Red Color Scheme; Simple truck, yet w/a few bells & whistles; rugged-time-tested 318c.i. engine.

The Infamous Cup holder (I've stain my carpet more than once >> stuff napkins in w/cup helps, and "2010 Dunkin Donuts White & Brown Travel Mug, 16 oz is the only cup/mug I found that fits and stays put).

My old dog
By James

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this old truck for a work horseand it is. It has 200300 km. The 5.2 lots of power. But it has a stumble between 2 and third gear shift. Body is very solid for a 15 year old truck. Lots of room in the cab for 3 people in fronnt and1 plus 2 dogs in the rear. haha. Go find one today there worth it.

Cab size, power, easy truck to work on.

Fuel economy,changing water pumps are fun.

A Decent truck
By st31n

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

This is the only Chrysler vehicle I have ever owned. It didn't have the "transmission problem" I have heard about with Chrysler. When I bought it, it had 164k miles on it. Its really reliable, and for an old beater truck it gets decent gas mileage, about 13 average mpg. The only thing I didn't like about it is that it was really rusty. The rocker panels and door bottoms are rotted off, amazingly the underbelly is still solid. The truck sure had power though. And its really durable. I was in an accident involving a parked car, my truck totaled the car, but didn't even dent the bumper on the truck. Overall, I'd say it's a good truck.

Automatic 4 wheel drive, sliding rear window, Its Size, Large cab.

I don't think I have any. The rust problem is probably a result of a previous owner using it as a mudding truck, since they normally don't rot out that bad.

Best truck I ever owned!
By sew and sew

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 WS 2dr Regular Cab LB

Purchased this truck new in 1995. It currently has 105000 mi. on the odometer. Other than the usual maintenance, I have only had to replace one significant mechanical part - a $400 steering box. I thought about buying a new truck in 2009, but since I haven't had any major mechanical problemms, I decided to do a cosmetic makeover. Sent it to the body shop and had all the dings taken out and new paint applied. I then installed new front and rear bumpers, new grill, new headlights and tailights. Also installed new bedliner and cover and new tires and wheels. Because I am an upholsterer, I was able to bring the interior back to new condition. I am now enjoying my new 14 yr. old truck!

Good fuel economy for a full size truck. Lots of interior room for a standard cab. Rides more like a large sedan than truck. Exterior styling.

170 hp. is adequate power until you are traveling up a very long (like 2 mi. in length) hill. Ridiculous cup holder.

Impressive
By Todd

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 LT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This truck has TONS of power. Not good for city commuting but MUCH fun when your forcast indicates 10"+ snow. A great and reliable vehicle! I have the sport edition with the bed cover.

My favorite features are the 4 wheel drive and the Infinity sound system!

Such a huge engine. Not practical for city running but I bet I could pull a tow truck out of the ditch!