1994 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Ram Tough
By Victor

1994 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Mileage 215,000, uses no oil. Replaced - water pump - starter - radiator. Comfortable to ride long distance in, and fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Style, it still looks good.

Suggested Improvements

Some more rust preventive measures would be nice.

Terrible Fuel Economy
By dek

1994 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I drive 5 miles a day and top off tank every other week. Usually 60 miles is on the trip odometer, normally takes about 10 gallons of fuel to top it off!

best truck I've owned
By gary jackson

1994 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I traded a Chevy silverado for truck and I'm glad I did. I will buy another Dodge before any truck out there. I looked at Ford and Toyota. They don't come close. This truck has more interior room , seats are better even stops better no soft brakes here. I have not had to do anything to truck just drive it. And better gas mileages than other trucks with the same size motor. Ram Tuff

Favorite Features

It's all ways there for me.

Suggested Improvements

Deeper cup holders

my ram
By eddie gaieny

1994 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

the truck has been good good for family, hauling, and dependable

Favorite Features

power feeling

Suggested Improvements

have a cab on it already

Just Had to Buy It
By tom

1994 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

After first seeing the new 94 design, I just had to buy it. 15 years and 105k miles, its still very dependable. Have replaced water pump, brakes at about 60k, master cylinder, and recently the starter. Other than that, regular maintenance has kept it running well. Plus, Ive babied it, never hauled anything. Of course, the paint started peeling. I spent about 10 hours with sand paper and some $20 worth of paint from autozone and it looks presentable. Dash is cracked and have replaced cupholder. All in all, a very dependable truck for quite a while. I still get 15mpg 80% freeway driving with the 5.9l 360 cu.in. engine.

Favorite Features

looks, high ride, power, dependability, strong AC (live in AZ), safe ride

Suggested Improvements

Better paint, take a look at any Ram from these years and youll see LOTS of peeling

14 1/2 yr old truck
By 14 1/2 yr old truck

1994 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

The new '94 body style really turned my head so I put down $19k for it, figuring I'd need to drive it 10 years to get my money out of it.I've had it 14 1/2 yrs, 95k mi, and have only replaced water pump, starter, and oil pressure gauge indicator. Of course the paint started peeling off in many places, so I just did a little sanding and painting (about $40 worth) and it's hardly noticeable. It still runs very smoothly and gets about 15 mpg city/hwy. I'm ready for something new but just can't see getting rid of a comfortable reliable ride that has no payments. The bikes fit in the back and the kids and wife still fit in the front. I'll probably drive it another 10 yrs, count the $ I'm saving

Favorite Features

Pwr doors/windows/mirrors, body style, very smooth ride, plenty of power, dependable, and trucks just always come in handy. Problem is, it seems everyone calls me for their hauling needs.

Suggested Improvements

That paint job was horrible. Any Dodge Ram from those years now has peeling paint.

Solid Truck
By Dodge Is The Best

1994 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab WS 2dr Regular Cab LB

Had to replace my Dakota cause someone hit it. but this is a good truck. can't beat the cab size. good storage behind seats. 5.2 V8 Runs strong not bad on gas for a full size truck. rides nice. all the power you need pulls heavy trailer without squatting or straining.156,000 miles still runs solid. trany rebuilt at 90,000 wich 90's Dodges are famous for. no problems since

Favorite Features

Cab room. Third brake light. Power can't beat it off the line in another truck. Body style.

Suggested Improvements

Better transmission. cup holders are to high.

1 Bad Ram
By Barney Johnson

1994 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have only had to replace the starter in my truck. It is very dependable it looks good and runs good. I get a lot of looks whenever I am driving it.

Great so far
By HW LEADY

1994 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Just bought this truck used. Only has 68,000 miles on it. I have been driving it for about a month now and it is awesome. This will be my son's first truck. It has power, but not too much to get him in trouble. It sits up nice and high and handles excellent! The previous owner took great care in maintaning this truck. Having no recalls on this model ensures me of the quallity.

Favorite Features

The exterior look

Suggested Improvements

None

Serious Beef
By colgrizzle

1994 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck, if taken care of, is one of the most reliable vehicles that I have ever encountered. My dad has owned it since 97 and I just bought it from him. The only thing that he has ever replaced on it was the starter motor after it kept sticking. Other than that, it has been a strong runner forever. It has the bedspace, the interior comfort, and the tough looks that anyone could desire.

Favorite Features

The middle console that can be used as an armrest is the best thing ever. It runs smooth and keeps on cruising.

Suggested Improvements

Dual exhaust, I have Ravin, makes this truck sound so much tougher. A performance transmission would be a nice touch.