1993 Dodge RAM 250 Consumer Review: Bomb Proof

1993 Dodge RAM 250 - Consumer Review

Bomb Proof
By Gib on

1993 Dodge RAM 250 LE 2dr Extended Cab LB

I love this truck. It's a beast to drive with a 5-speed stick, but I won't own an automatic anymore. The Cummins 5.9 is an awesome engine that just goes and goes and goes. Although this '93 has a lot less horsepower than the newer ones, it's got lots of torque and gets good mileage. I have a 2000 pound camper on the truck all the time and regularly get 17+ mpg, but have gotten as low as 13.5 driving switchbacks. It starts every time, gives me zero trouble, has enough power to get me and my camper up the hills with ease, has a good stereo system (stock), great a/c, and has been 100% reliable for the two years I've owned it. It's got 145k miles and I expect it to go many, many more.

Without a doubt, my favorite feature is the cruise control. Well, if you call the diesel engine a feature, I guess that's actually my favorite. No more gas trucks for me.

The only suggested improvement I have has already been done on the newer models. They made it prettier. The '93 was the last year of the old style body, and I admit the newer ones are better looking. I do prefer my lower body style though - I can clean the windshield without a ladder.