Used 1993 Dodge RAM 250 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAM 250 model:

Tank
By Cummins117

1993 Dodge RAM 250 LE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This truck is a tank. its has around 277,000 miles and still haulin. Not problems other then old breaks from sitting. This truck was well built. im 17 years out and you know how teens drive. This truck is my baby and pulls through. Its not fast but it will pull. The 1993 reg cab LE cummins is a great truck. Vary durable and stands up with teenagers

Manual transmission

Better Audio system

Bomb Proof
By Gib

1993 Dodge RAM 250 LE 2dr Extended Cab LB

I love this truck. It's a beast to drive with a 5-speed stick, but I won't own an automatic anymore. The Cummins 5.9 is an awesome engine that just goes and goes and goes. Although this '93 has a lot less horsepower than the newer ones, it's got lots of torque and gets good mileage. I have a 2000 pound camper on the truck all the time and regularly get 17+ mpg, but have gotten as low as 13.5 driving switchbacks. It starts every time, gives me zero trouble, has enough power to get me and my camper up the hills with ease, has a good stereo system (stock), great a/c, and has been 100% reliable for the two years I've owned it. It's got 145k miles and I expect it to go many, many more.

Without a doubt, my favorite feature is the cruise control. Well, if you call the diesel engine a feature, I guess that's actually my favorite. No more gas trucks for me.

The only suggested improvement I have has already been done on the newer models. They made it prettier. The '93 was the last year of the old style body, and I admit the newer ones are better looking. I do prefer my lower body style though - I can clean the windshield without a ladder.

The Beast
By Danny

1993 Dodge RAM 250 LE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Bought brand new and now it is 16 years old. Shame Edmunds thinks it is only worth 600 bucks trade in. This has been an excellent truck. No problems other than regular maintenance issues. Cummins says it all plus 22 miles to the Gallon. New comparable trucks cost 45k+ - I don't think so.

Cummins, Gertrag transmission,

Would have been nice to have a cup holder back then.

Great Truck
By L. V.

1993 Dodge RAM 250 LE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Was an absolutely indestructible truck. Bought it with almost 200k and sold it with almost 300k. During that time it almost never broke down, only requiring, a set of front rotors, and a radiator. other than that, just standard maintenance ( oil changes, filters, and adjusting the valves. The truck has a cummins 5.9 with a 5 speed manual. Even despite the transmissions moderate torque rating, it handled any extra power, and heavy loads that i could throw at it, provided you put an extra quart of fluid into it (one of the only ways to keep a getrag 360 trans going), the seats were more comfortable than my 01, and for that matter any other car i have ridden in.

Reliability and power of cummins engine, Seats. A/C which was still r12 freon. Noise, and believe it or not handling, always started in cold weather, no matter how cold it got.

Brakes, Good unloaded, but horrible loaded. and the rear wheel abs which worked but was completely useless. my advice is to disable it. and if in the snow belt, like any other car or truck from this era be prepared to deal with rust.

Should a kept it
By Hixter

1993 Dodge RAM 250 LE 2dr Extended Cab LB

My 93 was bought used from a friend. Couldn't keep it stock though... Low miles (35,000) when I bought it.. 6 inches of lift 37's on weld typhoons. Turbo swap, injector pump modified, 60 horse injectors, 4 inch exhaust, intake and intercooler swap. 350 hp. And 800 ft. Lbs of tq. 4.56 gears. Bought a new truck in 03. New one is nice but I miss the old one. Leaf spring front ends go so much better in the deep snow. 1 hand on the wheel anytime. The new truck is a handful in the same conditions. And eats up the tires too. It has more power than the old one and thats about it. I drove that 12 valve to 158,000 miles no problems ever. Even being modified.

Bumpy ride. keeps you awake.

Better paint, better brakes, electronic fuel pump, different turbo.