Used 1992 Dodge RAM 250 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
This is a great truck
By Ryanm18174

1992 Dodge RAM 250 LE 2dr Regular Cab LB

This truck has gotten me threw blizzards, snow storms, hail, and slush with out a problem. Its only 2 wheel drive i cnt emagine what the 4 wheel drive version would do. This truck gets the best gas milage i fill up every 2 weeks or so. It's pulled loads that a new dually dodge couldnt do in 4 wheel. This truck has been good to me my family has owned it since it was new, and it became my first truck and i dont ever intend on selling it.

Favorite Features

Cummins, 5 speed, old body look

Suggested Improvements

Could do better with the two tone the white stripe on my truck is faded.

best truck ever built
By tysnyder88

1992 Dodge RAM 250 LE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

my family got this truck new with the cummins turbo diesel in it we now have over 250,000 Miles on it and it is still going good

Favorite Features

my Favorite Feature is the cummins turbo diesel

mixed review of Cummins Turbo model
By dodger1209

1992 Dodge RAM 250 LE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I was with my dad when he bought this truck new in 1992 and 5 years and 105,000 miles later I bought it from him. He put 105K on pulling a big fifth wheel all over the country and went through 3 transmissions before finally getting one that stuck. The cummins TD is a gem and will never fail. Ever. And the truck will pull anything and gets fantastic mileage with and without a load. But I have had a ton of problems underneath with U- joints, wheel bearings and seals, and the rear differential. I poured thousands into this truck repeatedly and finally decided I would stop and just "drive it til it blows". Problem is that it won't.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, power, actually a good looking ruck for the year, and the big extended cab without a bench seat so I actually have room for gear inside.

Suggested Improvements

This truck is a pig offroad without specialized tires (the big heavy diesel upfront weighs it down) and you must be in 4WD to handle snow and ice. The transmission and other running gear is prone to fail and very expensive to fix.

I'll buy another one when this one dies
By jj

1992 Dodge RAM 250 LE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I bought this truck when I was in high school and fell in love with it. Simple to work on. I've put 65 extra hp in her. It sits at 225 hp which is just right for what I do. I will buy another one of these tanks.

Favorite Features

4x4, the Cummins for sure. Body style. Fuel mileage 20mpg for a truck that weighs 8500 gvw. The sound of a straght pipe exhaust

Suggested Improvements

Tranny (auto) could have a better cooler, front end could be tighter, paint stinks

The best truck ever
By logan

1992 Dodge RAM 250 LE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I had this truck when we bought it new and I've never looked back. With more than 170,000 miles and no major problems it's the best truck I've ever had. It does great on the trails. I've taken this truck to hell and back and its not failed me yet

Favorite Features

Beefy Cummins engine. Long bed to hold everything and good on gas

Suggested Improvements

The radio works sometimes but other than that there's not much that needs improvement