Used 1990 Dodge RAM 150 LE Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 1 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Dodge RAM 150 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAM 150 model:

HMS Juggernaut
By HMS Juggernaut

1990 Dodge RAM 150 Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab LB

I'll get this off my chest first: Teh braking system on this model stinks! I had to have numerous repairs before it was fixed. Replaced the clutch once. Everything else has been very reliable, and it's a tough truck. Mileage has been surprisingly good on the highway and downtown. The 318 V8 motor is a real mule! Steering is a little loose, but driver friendly once you learn to not overcompensate. This truck works hard for me and is a tough hauler. The dogs love the extended cab but it's not very big for adult usage. I rarely engage the Granny-gear, even when hauling heavy loads. It's a memorable occasion when I do! That may be why other reviewers had tranny probs if they habitually used 1st gear.

The 318 V8 (5.2L). Decent mileage for the power provided, and durability. The only Chrysler motor any better would have to be the Slant Six.

Get rid of those idiotic ABS pressure regulators on the back of the frame! They can cause systemic failure of the braking system. A tech bulletin was issued on it, but I don't remember the number off-hand. Once done, sit back and enjoy the ride.