Used 1990 Dodge RAM 150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAM 150 model:

Reliable
By mrmom

1990 Dodge RAM 150 2dr Regular Cab LB

My truck now has 353,000 km on it and still runs great. Other than some minor problems the truck is still going strong.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is that the truck refuses to die. Starts and runs great.

It Rules
By Dan Man

1990 Dodge RAM 150 LE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I love My Dodge ram 150! I am only 17, but I know it will still last me at least 10 years

Favorite Features

4WD

good truck
By cooper817

1990 Dodge RAM 150 LE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

this truck has been in the family since it was new been past around and worked hard. this is a real truck takes a beating and keeps tickin', I've never got stuck anywhere even where dune buggies can't go i crawl her in. a bit slow on take off but easy to fix. the truck sat for a year w/o being run and cranked on the first try. simply strong running truck simple interior. i learned to drive in this truck and now it's mine so I'm always gonna be partial to a dodge ram.

Favorite Features

4x4, sliding rear glass

Suggested Improvements

better take off, lol

Diesel Model the Best
By hpleese

1990 Dodge RAM 150 SE 2dr Regular Cab LB

Have driven the older Rams for years. Being a Dodge Parts Manager since 1994, I have seen likes and dislikes for this truck. Transmissons where garbage but now aftermarket rebuilding packages make this a very good work truck. I have a diesel with 365,000 miles on it. and the owner before me had the transmission rebuilt with heavy duty torque converter and hard parts. He did disconnect the locking torque convertor.

Favorite Features

Diesel engine. Loads of torque. Decent on MPG. Roomy interior. Load this truck up with wood and it will pull for ever. 12 Valve diesel not the most peppy engine but will get you from point A-Z in a reasonable time

Suggested Improvements

Have the trans done right and you will have years of hauling

HMS Juggernaut
By HMS Juggernaut

1990 Dodge RAM 150 LE 2dr Extended Cab LB

I'll get this off my chest first: Teh braking system on this model stinks! I had to have numerous repairs before it was fixed. Replaced the clutch once. Everything else has been very reliable, and it's a tough truck. Mileage has been surprisingly good on the highway and downtown. The 318 V8 motor is a real mule! Steering is a little loose, but driver friendly once you learn to not overcompensate. This truck works hard for me and is a tough hauler. The dogs love the extended cab but it's not very big for adult usage. I rarely engage the Granny-gear, even when hauling heavy loads. It's a memorable occasion when I do! That may be why other reviewers had tranny probs if they habitually used 1st gear.

Favorite Features

The 318 V8 (5.2L). Decent mileage for the power provided, and durability. The only Chrysler motor any better would have to be the Slant Six.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of those idiotic ABS pressure regulators on the back of the frame! They can cause systemic failure of the braking system. A tech bulletin was issued on it, but I don't remember the number off-hand. Once done, sit back and enjoy the ride.