1990 Dodge RAM 150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAM 150 model:
Reliable
By mrmom on 01/31/09 17:01 PM (PST)

1990 Dodge RAM 150 2dr Regular Cab LB

My truck now has 353,000 km on it and still runs great. Other than some minor problems the truck is still going strong.

It Rules
By Dan Man on 04/01/08 07:17 AM (PDT)

1990 Dodge RAM 150 LE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I love My Dodge ram 150! I am only 17, but I know it will still last me at least 10 years

good truck
By cooper817 on 03/24/08 20:24 PM (PDT)

1990 Dodge RAM 150 LE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

this truck has been in the family since it was new been past around and worked hard. this is a real truck takes a beating and keeps tickin', I've never got stuck anywhere even where dune buggies can't go i crawl her in. a bit slow on take off but easy to fix. the truck sat for a year w/o being run and cranked on the first try. simply strong running truck simple interior. i learned to drive in this truck and now it's mine so I'm always gonna be partial to a dodge ram.

Diesel Model the Best
By hpleese on 02/17/07 04:16 AM (PST)

1990 Dodge RAM 150 SE 2dr Regular Cab LB

Have driven the older Rams for years. Being a Dodge Parts Manager since 1994, I have seen likes and dislikes for this truck. Transmissons where garbage but now aftermarket rebuilding packages make this a very good work truck. I have a diesel with 365,000 miles on it. and the owner before me had the transmission rebuilt with heavy duty torque converter and hard parts. He did disconnect the locking torque convertor.

HMS Juggernaut
By HMS Juggernaut on 07/20/05 20:16 PM (PDT)

1990 Dodge RAM 150 LE 2dr Extended Cab LB

I'll get this off my chest first: Teh braking system on this model stinks! I had to have numerous repairs before it was fixed. Replaced the clutch once. Everything else has been very reliable, and it's a tough truck. Mileage has been surprisingly good on the highway and downtown. The 318 V8 motor is a real mule! Steering is a little loose, but driver friendly once you learn to not overcompensate. This truck works hard for me and is a tough hauler. The dogs love the extended cab but it's not very big for adult usage. I rarely engage the Granny-gear, even when hauling heavy loads. It's a memorable occasion when I do! That may be why other reviewers had tranny probs if they habitually used 1st gear.

Awesome truck
By Ruben on 04/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Dodge RAM 150 LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck is a real man's truck. The design is made for people who actually use a truck, the bed is low enough to throw a bail of hay onto, and the motor is easy to maintain. The interior is made for a real man, No carpet, no headliner to fall down. A simple straight bench seat, gobs of room for whatever you can find. I think this truck also has the best ride of any truck i've ever been in.

Shift into hell
By Angry white on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Dodge RAM 150 LE 2dr Regular Cab LB

When I drained my transmission, alot of metal came out with the oil. The truck only has 88.000 easy miles on it. There is no excuse for this crap. I think the truck is ok, but as usual chrysler motors screws over the consumer some way.

Tomorrow Never Dies
By Will Shultz on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Dodge RAM 150 2dr Regular Cab SB

There’s not much to say about this truck. It's a good starter. Doesn't require much maintenance and is cheap enough to throw away. This is not a good project truck. Parts are far and few between, and when you do find them they are expensive or useless. The best part about this truck is that it won’t die!