2011 Dodge Nitro Consumer Review: not as happy as others seem to

2011 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Review

not as happy as others seem to be
By soonerfanfl on

2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Nitro late in the year (Nov). Enjoyed the ride and handling. Reminded me of my 2000 Pathfinder that I miss tremendously. I put over 200k miles on that car in 7 years and never had any issues at all. So far with the Nitro I have 43k in 16 months (I drive 30k a year) and the check engine light comes on occassionally. Not sure why. A/C blower went out right at 36,500 when the warranty ran out. Fortunately the dealership I bought it at fixed it w/o question. At 14k the head gasket blew and was leaking oil like a faucet. Still under warranty the dealership fixed it. I'm still undecided whether I like the car or not. Of course, the engine light is on again.

the ride, the handling. The seats are fairly comfortable. I like the looks.

There needs to be an air vent for the back seat. You have to turn the a/c on high and the people in the front seat freeze while the passangers in the back are sweating. Changing the spark plugs is not an easy task. I like doing some of the minor maintenance, but the plugs are covered with a plastic piece that has to be unscrewed to access the plugs. I'm sure that was designed to make a trip to the shop more desireable than doing it yourself. Could have added an additional power outlet for the rear passangers.