2011 Dodge Nitro Consumer Review: Going Back to Dodge

2011 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Review

Shock 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Going Back to Dodge
By nitro_drummer on

2011 Dodge Nitro Shock 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Dodge I've owned since having a Dodge Daytona Shelby Z back in 1992. After experiencing all the problems with that car, I said I wouldn't own another Dodge. Well, I bought my 2011 Nitro Heat 4.0 on Aug 31st and so far, I'm very happy. I had been in the market for a 5 passenger SUV, and after growing tired of looking at all others with no real style or excitement, the Nitro, with it's large grill and huge 20" chrome wheels hit me like a breath of fresh air. I have to thank my wife for helping me find a car that makes me smile again.

Everything in the Nitro does what it's supposed to do. All of the instruments and controls are simple and easy to use. The sound system is great! I actually enjoy listening to music LOUD again. The power windows are fast. The mirrors are big. The visibility is excellent. The seats are comfortable. I've always preferred driving a standard over an automatic. The autostick is alot of fun and gives me some of that same enjoyment.

Unfortunately, the hard plastic interior parts give the inside of the vehicle a cheap feel. There's some squeaking when pushing various door-mounted and center console buttons. The vents require 2 separate controls to move them up and down and to the sides. The ride is a bit bumpy and the gas mileage is lower than I'd like.