2011 Dodge Nitro SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:
not as happy as others seem to be
By soonerfanfl on 04/16/12 06:28 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Nitro SUV Heat 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Nitro late in the year (Nov). Enjoyed the ride and handling. Reminded me of my 2000 Pathfinder that I miss tremendously. I put over 200k miles on that car in 7 years and never had any issues at all. So far with the Nitro I have 43k in 16 months (I drive 30k a year) and the check engine light comes on occassionally. Not sure why. A/C blower went out right at 36,500 when the warranty ran out. Fortunately the dealership I bought it at fixed it w/o question. At 14k the head gasket blew and was leaking oil like a faucet. Still under warranty the dealership fixed it. I'm still undecided whether I like the car or not. Of course, the engine light is on again.

Love My 2011 Dodge Nitro
By johnherrera305 on 07/29/11 04:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Nitro SUV Heat 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent value for mid-size SUV. I love my Bright Silver Nitro. It's stands out on the road. Comfortable vehicle. Plenty of room for my needs. Fun to drive.

Weaknessses in the Standard 3.7 L V6 4 Speed Auto
By badger377 on 06/21/11 17:44 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Nitro SUV Heat 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I recently rented a 2011 Dodge Nitro in a 10 day trip from Las Vegas and up into the mountains of Utah. The good - the car did not overheat, it was reasonbaly comfortable and roomy. Gas mileage was about what is rated. The bad includes the following: Under the load of two adults, two kids and two suitcases, the engine stuggled each time the air conditioning was turned on. The temperature conditions were between 70 - 100 F. Each time the AC unit was turned on under any load you would get a studdering similar to an alternator going out. I found thid quite annoying and would try the larger engine model before buying this. Try before you buy!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Dodge Nitro Suv in VA is:

$130 per month*