2011 Dodge Nitro SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:
not as happy as others seem to be
By soonerfanfl on 04/16/12 06:28 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Nitro SUV Heat 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Nitro late in the year (Nov). Enjoyed the ride and handling. Reminded me of my 2000 Pathfinder that I miss tremendously. I put over 200k miles on that car in 7 years and never had any issues at all. So far with the Nitro I have 43k in 16 months (I drive 30k a year) and the check engine light comes on occassionally. Not sure why. A/C blower went out right at 36,500 when the warranty ran out. Fortunately the dealership I bought it at fixed it w/o question. At 14k the head gasket blew and was leaking oil like a faucet. Still under warranty the dealership fixed it. I'm still undecided whether I like the car or not. Of course, the engine light is on again.

NITRO LOVE AFFAIR
By slownomore on 12/03/11 12:31 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Nitro SUV Heat 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

we have been with the nitro since our new 2008 sxt that we recently lost in a house fire.This was my wifes baby. I didnt think we could find a replacement and after looking at other suvs nothing filled the void like a 2011 nitro heat.we love the vehicle.When I get the chance to drive it I enjoy the way it handles and rides.For us the 3.7 has plenty of power.And living in MN the 4wd is awesome in the winter.My wife loves to shop so the cargo space is great.With the rebates and incentives dodge was offering in november we got into the nitro under 20,000. A great deal for a 4wd suv

Best SUV For the Buck!
By motownrocker on 10/02/11 08:14 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Nitro SUV Shock 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This review is for my 2011 Nitro Heat 4.0 (a model that wasn't listed in your roll-down). The Heat version is Chrysler's former "SXT" trim: decent exterior trim but inexpensive (cloth) interior seating. At model year's end, it was tough to locate a Heat with the rare 4.0 engine option (same engine that the old RT's had). Apparently that's a little-known option on the Heats--even the salesperson was unaware of it. You HAVE to get the 4.0 engine if you want great performance and gas mileage (better than the std. 3.7). I just completed a 300 mile trip (with 400 miles on the odometer) and got over 22mpg at an avg 75mph. The engine's quick off the line, the build quality is great, etc.

Going Back to Dodge
By nitro_drummer on 09/12/11 09:06 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Nitro SUV Shock 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Dodge I've owned since having a Dodge Daytona Shelby Z back in 1992. After experiencing all the problems with that car, I said I wouldn't own another Dodge. Well, I bought my 2011 Nitro Heat 4.0 on Aug 31st and so far, I'm very happy. I had been in the market for a 5 passenger SUV, and after growing tired of looking at all others with no real style or excitement, the Nitro, with it's large grill and huge 20" chrome wheels hit me like a breath of fresh air. I have to thank my wife for helping me find a car that makes me smile again.

Best SUV under $40,000
By rockinroller on 09/11/11 13:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Nitro SUV Detonator 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Nitro's appearance creates a response much like the Dodge Ram pickup when it first came out: You either LOVE it or HATE it. I happened to embrace the rugged square "jaw" of the Nitro and having had some driving experience with the original 2007 RT version which featured a very energetic 4.0 liter engine (vs. the horribly anemic 3.7 liter that's found in the Jeep), I was pleasantly impressed. This rugged yet refined truck-like SUV conquers most snowy roads that I've experienced in Michigan, plus affords a reasonable cost to drive based on 20mpg in mixed city/freeway driving. Lots of storage and creature comforts too. Could have used more than 2 cup holders in front though.

Love My 2011 Dodge Nitro
By johnherrera305 on 07/29/11 04:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Nitro SUV Heat 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent value for mid-size SUV. I love my Bright Silver Nitro. It's stands out on the road. Comfortable vehicle. Plenty of room for my needs. Fun to drive.

Weaknessses in the Standard 3.7 L V6 4 Speed Auto
By badger377 on 06/21/11 17:44 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Nitro SUV Heat 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I recently rented a 2011 Dodge Nitro in a 10 day trip from Las Vegas and up into the mountains of Utah. The good - the car did not overheat, it was reasonbaly comfortable and roomy. Gas mileage was about what is rated. The bad includes the following: Under the load of two adults, two kids and two suitcases, the engine stuggled each time the air conditioning was turned on. The temperature conditions were between 70 - 100 F. Each time the AC unit was turned on under any load you would get a studdering similar to an alternator going out. I found thid quite annoying and would try the larger engine model before buying this. Try before you buy!

Wasn't sure about the Nitro but...
By evey1 on 06/03/11 15:30 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Nitro SUV Heat 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our Dodge Nitro December 2010. I read all of the reviews..poor performance but good reliability it said. After driving it for 6 months, I can say it is 100% reliable, excellent in the snow. I did not have a worry and made it to work in all of the snow. The interior isn't glamorous..could use a better design to match the exterior. Plenty of trunk space which I love having 2 kids. My husband talked me into buying this truck ..and I am pleasantly surprised..I love driving it.

2011 Dodge Nitro 4x2 Detonator
By duckettsteven on 05/19/11 15:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Nitro SUV Detonator 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Amazing SUV!! Handles and dries great, very quiet comfortable cab. Its a head turner. Nothing but compliments from other people. I average about 19-22 MPG but i have added a cold air intake by mopar for more horsepower and better gas mileage. Tank usually lasts me about 350 miles. My children luv it. Car is more than worth the $$.

Nitro Glycerin
By sjs63 on 05/06/11 17:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Nitro SUV Shock 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased March 2011, Put performance Chip and K&N filter and not only got much better Performance, but also a increase of over 5 MPG over 22-23 MPG on highway, was getting about 16 MPG. Handles great, tight suspension, can haul heavy payload with very little sway. I love it

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.