2010 Dodge Nitro 3.7L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Fun, attractive, reliable "bad boy"

2010 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Review

2010 Dodge Nitro Heat 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Heat 4dr SUV (3.7L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Fun, attractive, reliable "bad boy" SUV!
By SSteele on

2010 Dodge Nitro Heat 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have to wonder if those people complaining actually bothered to preview the car prior to buying it. Did they sit in it, test drive it, ask questions about it? If they did and complain after the fact about non-mechanical issues the problem is not the car - it's them! Also, all brands have defective individual autos. I would not condemn an entire model based on one bad car. Let's be real here. My 2010 Nitro has logged more than 27,000 miles and is going strong with no mechanical problems. It has a spacious and comfortable interior suitable for a family of five. The rear seats even have a middle shoulder strap seat belt. The Nitro looks distinctive and is a lot of fun to drive. I love it!

Favorite Features

It is a great looking SUV whose features distinguish it from the cookie cutter pack. It has a spacious and comfortable interior. It's a smooth ride. And, while primarily designed for on-road use, it handles well off-road if necessary. It's a "bad boy" SUV and that image sells it!

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy is middle of the pack for an SUV. and I would like to see a rear view camera system as standard equipment. Really, it all depends on what you are looking for. Arm yourself with information and make an informed decision as to what is right for YOU.
By sean418
on 06/28/11 07:14 AM (PDT)

excellent review. Someone who did their homework.