2010 Dodge Nitro Consumer Review: It grows on you

2010 Dodge Nitro SUV - Consumer Review

It grows on you
By Marine on

2010 Dodge Nitro Heat 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Our Jeep Commander was blown up by a dealership error (we think) and we were offered to opportunity to purchase a replacement vehicle with the dealership absorbing a great deal of the upside down ratio on the Jeep. The Nitro took about 1600 miles to break in, I was getting worried. Now it has settled down. I drive in the mountains of Colorado and the gearing on the Nitro is great for climbing the hills without downshifting. The mileage is awful - my RAM 1500 gets better mileage. The vehicle is cute and pugnacious looking, gets around parking lots well, has a smooth ride on the 17 inch tires (20's were rough). Its growing on me. My buyer's remorse is fading away.

Exterior appearance, Comfortable drivers position, satellite radio, big tow package and truck-like driving (yes I like that).

Mileage, lateral visibility, more power such as the 4.7L V8. How about a 4 Wheel Low option?