2010 Dodge Nitro 3.7L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - It dodges everything but the

2010 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Review

2010 Dodge Nitro Heat 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

It dodges everything but the gas station
By mazagod on

2010 Dodge Nitro Heat 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving this vehicle for about three months and I am not happy about it. I am a tall guy, and I hit my head every time I get into the car. There are huge blind spots, and if someone is sitting next to you in the front passenger seat, it is very hard to see out the window. The engine is not powerful at all, but it does guzzle the gas. Sometimes I put the gas pedal down, and the car actually seems to slow down. There is no storage in the car at all. Don't even get me started on how bad the gas milage is, SUV or not. I would not buy this car again.

Favorite Features

ummm....

Suggested Improvements

Improve the gas milage...I wouldn't mind having low milage, if the SUV actually had power. Improve storage. Improve engine performance. Improve visibility....improve just about everything. Look at every other SUV in this class before you buy this one....
By 313speed
on 02/15/12 08:29 AM (PST)

This guy complained about storage somewhere else. Aparantly, he can't figure out how to get two suitcases and two golf bags in the back even with th rear seat folded down. That seems to be more of a him problem than a vehicle problem. I've had some of the other SUVs Edmunds compares the Nitro to, and they didn't come close to the storage of the Nitro. I recently took three adults and three kids camping for a three day weekend. We had room for everything we needed, and that was with the car seat in the car. Sure, it was a tight fit, but it did the job fine and handled the trails like a boss.