Used 2010 Dodge Nitro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

Get a Nitro!
By JD

2010 Dodge Nitro Shock 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had SUVs for years and this is my favorite. I researched and drove a lot of SUVs before purchasing and overall, the Nitro just fits what I like perfectly. It looks great inside and out, it's unique, functional, it's comfortable, and fun to be in and drive. Mine is fully loaded, which makes it even better.

great towing capacity, easy to fold down seats, reversible cargo tray, very nice stereo, 20' wheels, the back- up 'park assist', lots of storage, clean modern styling, easy to clean interior surfaces, very comfortable seating

I Love my Nitro
By JacquiBrown

2010 Dodge Nitro Detonator 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This Dodge Nitro is definitely one of the best vehicles I have ever purchased I read a lot of information on them and a lot of it said it was a bad SUV to purchased just based on the bad fuel mileage, I wanted to yell at these people who wrote those, "its a freaking SUV of course the gas mileage is crappy your looking at an SUV for more room, so more room means heavy means it takes more gas to move the thing really!" for that matter from my research the gas mileage on this SUV is with in 1 to 2 of every other SUV so why do people complain it's very comfortable it works well when you have a baby who spills her drinks all the time and its easy to get both her and me in and out of. Its a great SUV.

The fabric helps with a messy baby, the size, and the towing.

I think one thing would be, nope I pretty much love my nitro

Great Sub SUV
By Great Sub SUV

2010 Dodge Nitro Shock 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this vehicle for almost six months and I have had zero problems out of this vehicle. Lot of cargo room when you fold down the rear seats,plenty of leg room in the rear and in front. The 4.0l engine has plenty of power for me.I love this vehicle. Buy the Shock model with the 4.0l you will be happy.

Satellite radio leather seats that are very comfortable, 20" wheels and the ride with the suspension that comes with the shock model.

Little better Fuel Economy. But on average, I am satisfied.

Love It!
By Velocity1

2010 Dodge Nitro Detonator 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

First it's great looking. I have the Detonator Yellow with some chrome trim and the 20" wheels go real nice with it. I think it handles very well. I come from a tuner car that stuck to the road like glue and was impressed at how the Nitro handled some of my everyday driving maneuvers. There is lots of interior room and all the seats fold perfectly flat. The Nitro's premium sound system has a great sub woofer. I have the 4.0 5-speed shiftable transmission and when I need to pass someone I step on the gas and mission accomplished. I think this Nitro fits a certain style and others who say they don't like it probably shouldn't have bought it to begin with! I give it 2 thumbs up!!

I like the entire vehicle. I wish they had the Shock the leather seats, this was the ONLY Nitro on the lot. They sell as quick as they get them in.

If your complaining about gas mileage buy a Smart Car not a suv. You can't buy a SUV then turn around and complain about poor mpg.

I love it!
By Scott

2010 Dodge Nitro Detonator 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've been driving for over 30 years and this is my favorite vehicle. Fun to drive and handles very well, those big 20" tires really stick to the pavement. I have the Detonator Yellow and people are always checking it out and giving compliments. The dash and interior controls are easy to use and within reach, the seats are very comfortable. There are no blind spots while driving you can see everything. Ive read some folks were unhappy with the interior and the handling. Your not buying top of the line luxury this is middle of the road SUV for the price.I bought this vehicle for the exterior looks. It is very rugged and handsome looking. Plent of interior space and my wife likes it as well. A+

Exterior styling, roomy interior, dash layout

I suppose if I had to pick something the gas mileage could be a little better. But I am also not the most economical driver either.