2010 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:
Get a Nitro!
By JD on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Nitro Shock 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had SUVs for years and this is my favorite. I researched and drove a lot of SUVs before purchasing and overall, the Nitro just fits what I like perfectly. It looks great inside and out, it's unique, functional, it's comfortable, and fun to be in and drive. Mine is fully loaded, which makes it even better.

I Love my Nitro
By JacquiBrown on 08/27/10 23:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Nitro Detonator 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This Dodge Nitro is definitely one of the best vehicles I have ever purchased I read a lot of information on them and a lot of it said it was a bad SUV to purchased just based on the bad fuel mileage, I wanted to yell at these people who wrote those, "its a freaking SUV of course the gas mileage is crappy your looking at an SUV for more room, so more room means heavy means it takes more gas to move the thing really!" for that matter from my research the gas mileage on this SUV is with in 1 to 2 of every other SUV so why do people complain it's very comfortable it works well when you have a baby who spills her drinks all the time and its easy to get both her and me in and out of. Its a great SUV.

Great Sub SUV
By Great Sub SUV on 07/26/10 04:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Nitro Shock 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this vehicle for almost six months and I have had zero problems out of this vehicle. Lot of cargo room when you fold down the rear seats,plenty of leg room in the rear and in front. The 4.0l engine has plenty of power for me.I love this vehicle. Buy the Shock model with the 4.0l you will be happy.

Love It!
By Velocity1 on 07/24/10 14:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Nitro Detonator 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

First it's great looking. I have the Detonator Yellow with some chrome trim and the 20" wheels go real nice with it. I think it handles very well. I come from a tuner car that stuck to the road like glue and was impressed at how the Nitro handled some of my everyday driving maneuvers. There is lots of interior room and all the seats fold perfectly flat. The Nitro's premium sound system has a great sub woofer. I have the 4.0 5-speed shiftable transmission and when I need to pass someone I step on the gas and mission accomplished. I think this Nitro fits a certain style and others who say they don't like it probably shouldn't have bought it to begin with! I give it 2 thumbs up!!

I love it!
By Scott on 07/22/10 06:02 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Nitro Detonator 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've been driving for over 30 years and this is my favorite vehicle. Fun to drive and handles very well, those big 20" tires really stick to the pavement. I have the Detonator Yellow and people are always checking it out and giving compliments. The dash and interior controls are easy to use and within reach, the seats are very comfortable. There are no blind spots while driving you can see everything. Ive read some folks were unhappy with the interior and the handling. Your not buying top of the line luxury this is middle of the road SUV for the price.I bought this vehicle for the exterior looks. It is very rugged and handsome looking. Plent of interior space and my wife likes it as well. A+

Useless!
By adam07 on 07/11/10 06:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Nitro Heat 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am getting pretty tired of this car, the cheap plastic is giving me headaches because there is nothing i can rest my arm on! It's also a dog if you ever need to pass anybody and on top of that it gets bad gas mileage, around 15 mpg. We just drove down south and all I could fit was two golf bags, and two suitcases WITH the backseats folded down! So this car is pretty much useless, you can't carry a lot of things in it, has poor acceleration and the interior has all hard plastic and things are already squeaking after 6 months. DON'T BUY!

Love it!
By AmandaLouWho on 04/12/10 07:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Nitro Shock 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased my Dodge Nitro! I absolutely love it! Love the style and the comfort! It is a lot of fun to drive!

Dodge Nitro - What a piece of CRAP!!!
By Mikey on 04/02/10 12:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Nitro Heat 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

When making a decision for a SUV, go buy another vehicle..VW Tiguan was better. The truck is like driving a brick with wheels. If you ever had ridden the "A" train, it's sort of the same, the control is very stiff. Also, putting low profile tires and 20" chrome wheels on the car make it look good, but handling is worse. I test drove the same vehicle with 17" rims and it was a little better. Overall its just a shell of car, it looks good, but does not perform well. Dodge needs a redesign. Perhaps add a better engine, and controls.

Horrible brakes
By tia on 03/15/10 15:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Nitro SE 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

When brakes are applied and shift in reverse, it makes a horrible grinding sound. I took in to be looked at. I was informed it was normal due to metallic brake pads. I would not have bought it if I had known it.

Great Vehicle
By RjinSac on 02/23/10 17:22 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Nitro SE 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Nitro just over a month now, I love the car, I have had no problems with it, It drives great, gas mileage is on low side. Really a fun car to drive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Dodge Nitro in VA is:

$163 per month*