Used 2010 Dodge Nitro SXT Fleet SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

2010 Dodge Nitro SUV

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

It just keeps getting worse!
By plspikes

2010 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I loved it at first, but it just continues to mess up over and over and over. The first month, it just died. Had it towed, the dealer said it was an ignition problem and fixed it. Then a few months later, everything started going on - I'd be driving down the road and the horn would start blaring full blast or the winshield wipers would come on full blast or the radio would crank itself all the way up. I had to pull over and turn the car off to make it stop. Dealer said it was some kind of 'computer' thing and fixed it. This week my emission light came on, so today I couldn't get it inspected. Have to take it in again tomorrow. Seriously? Its a freakin' brand new car!

Favorite Features

Other than all of the on-going electrical and computer issues, I like it. Just wish it ran better more often. But it does look good sitting in my drive way!

A great truck for the right person.
By 313speed

2010 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This isn't a truck for everyone. I bought it because it fit several key needs. First off, the size was exactly what I wanted. I had some of the SUVs Edmunds compared this one to and found them to be too small. I didn't want larger than this. It had the best sticker price of anything at this size, and it could tow the most, which I needed in order to bring my Mustang to the track. The other reason I wanted it was the fact it was so bare bones... I knew that I could modify it the way I wanted. It's a Jeep in better clothing. I take the Nitro out to the Arizona trails here and see tons of Jeeps, but I've never once seen a lifted Nitro like mine out there.

Favorite Features

The truck is fairly well built with just enough options out there to personalize it. I tossed the 20" rims after having to many issues with blown tires on the trails. I picked up a 2" lift kit and a few other Jeep Liberty parts fairly cheap. I added 17" rims with some BFG off road tires. A set if KC lights out front and a roof rack for all our camping gear rounds out the package. We've gone with an all black theme which really grabs more attention beyond the already stylish body design. We have put on over 23k miles, and have had no mechanical issues to report. Without the tire upgrade, we still managed to blow through snow storms with ease.

Suggested Improvements

Obviously, some people would want a higher end interior. Of course, if you're going to abuse the truck like a Jeep, you really wouldn't want to be messing up an expensive interior. I would have put the Jeep Liberty 4X4 system rather then the Dodge system, as the Dodge setup is really more for poor weather. The 20" rims are great for people trying to have a street truck look, but they just don't have enough sidewall to make them usefull off road.