2010 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:
It's a Truck, not a Minivan!
By vlad_jv on 12/29/13 12:44 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Test drove a few before considering the 2010 SXT 4x4. Some of which included the Mazda CX7, and the 2008 Acadia. Mazda handled like a sedan, and the Acadia like a minivan (a little more fun). The Nitro handles like a truck! It's built on the RAM chassis, so don't expect anything less. Fuel economy is not impressive, but still within average for a 3.6L. The 2008 Mazda Tribute 3.0L was getting a little better but not too much. Overall, it handles like the truck but has the comfort of a large SUV. It's flexibility of offering exterior raw power with interior comfort makes it perfect option for looking to have 2 cars in 1. My commute includes 100km hwy and 100km city daily to work/home

2010 Nitro
By mcmann18 on 07/19/12 17:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Nitro Shock 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

this is my second nitro. First one pure stock nothing special. reason i had to get a second one wife was in a head on colison totaled the car and not her fault she was told if it had been another type vichel she would have been dead. vehicle has been up to 115 mph only thing when wet it spins weels, I have just about every extra you would want on a vehicle amd tywice it has had a tire temp light come on and said i had tire presure at 9 pounds alittle scare at 85 mph great vehicle guess the dont make them any more so will keep mine

A great truck for the right person.
By 313speed on 02/15/12 08:19 AM (PST)

2010 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This isn't a truck for everyone. I bought it because it fit several key needs. First off, the size was exactly what I wanted. I had some of the SUVs Edmunds compared this one to and found them to be too small. I didn't want larger than this. It had the best sticker price of anything at this size, and it could tow the most, which I needed in order to bring my Mustang to the track. The other reason I wanted it was the fact it was so bare bones... I knew that I could modify it the way I wanted. It's a Jeep in better clothing. I take the Nitro out to the Arizona trails here and see tons of Jeeps, but I've never once seen a lifted Nitro like mine out there.

It just keeps getting worse!
By plspikes on 12/07/11 16:48 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I loved it at first, but it just continues to mess up over and over and over. The first month, it just died. Had it towed, the dealer said it was an ignition problem and fixed it. Then a few months later, everything started going on - I'd be driving down the road and the horn would start blaring full blast or the winshield wipers would come on full blast or the radio would crank itself all the way up. I had to pull over and turn the car off to make it stop. Dealer said it was some kind of 'computer' thing and fixed it. This week my emission light came on, so today I couldn't get it inspected. Have to take it in again tomorrow. Seriously? Its a freakin' brand new car!

It dodges everything but the gas station
By mazagod on 12/31/10 20:12 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Nitro Heat 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving this vehicle for about three months and I am not happy about it. I am a tall guy, and I hit my head every time I get into the car. There are huge blind spots, and if someone is sitting next to you in the front passenger seat, it is very hard to see out the window. The engine is not powerful at all, but it does guzzle the gas. Sometimes I put the gas pedal down, and the car actually seems to slow down. There is no storage in the car at all. Don't even get me started on how bad the gas milage is, SUV or not. I would not buy this car again.

Fun, attractive, reliable "bad boy" SUV!
By SSteele on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Dodge Nitro Heat 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have to wonder if those people complaining actually bothered to preview the car prior to buying it. Did they sit in it, test drive it, ask questions about it? If they did and complain after the fact about non-mechanical issues the problem is not the car - it's them! Also, all brands have defective individual autos. I would not condemn an entire model based on one bad car. Let's be real here. My 2010 Nitro has logged more than 27,000 miles and is going strong with no mechanical problems. It has a spacious and comfortable interior suitable for a family of five. The rear seats even have a middle shoulder strap seat belt. The Nitro looks distinctive and is a lot of fun to drive. I love it!

It grows on you
By Marine on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Nitro Heat 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Our Jeep Commander was blown up by a dealership error (we think) and we were offered to opportunity to purchase a replacement vehicle with the dealership absorbing a great deal of the upside down ratio on the Jeep. The Nitro took about 1600 miles to break in, I was getting worried. Now it has settled down. I drive in the mountains of Colorado and the gearing on the Nitro is great for climbing the hills without downshifting. The mileage is awful - my RAM 1500 gets better mileage. The vehicle is cute and pugnacious looking, gets around parking lots well, has a smooth ride on the 17 inch tires (20's were rough). Its growing on me. My buyer's remorse is fading away.

Great SUV
By rjinsac on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Nitro Shock 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've have my car 10 months, with zero problems. love its handling and it's so fun to drive, no blind spots which I love, so easy to change lanes.

exterior mirrors
By owner on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Nitro Heat 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am 5 ft 2, the driving part of this SUV isn't the problem, its the outside mirrors. Left turn or right turn it doesn't matter I lose view. I have been trying for a month to get Chrysler and the car lot to help me remedy this, I can't get help, I do have case numbers with both, they say there are no replacement mirrors and they can't put a power seat in, so now I must drive a car I'm scared to drive, this is truly a problem that should be in a recall! So nothing bad has to happen and then they put a recall out. Please don't contact me, I've already talked to everyone

Love my Nitro!
By Scott on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Nitro Heat 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Nitro for about three months now and it's the best SUV I've ever owned. It looks great, drives smooth, and reacts very nicely when driving at high speeds! The only thing I don't have is the cruise control option. I will have it added in the near future.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Dodge Nitro in VA is:

$127 per month*