2009 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:
I founded really GOOD!
By NeoGirl on 05/07/10 12:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Nitro SE 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Well I got the Nitro in August 2009 and since then I have had no problems except for the side mirrors button. And the warranty coevred it. I am very pleased to have one!

Could be better!
By kenny on 03/25/10 10:35 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Nitro SE 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Don't let the look fool you. We had problems with the vehicle after a year of ownership, with the wheel bearings. Specifically the hub on both front wheels and the cost was over 900.00 dollars. Also the winter had done its part in damaging our vehicle. With some mud getting onto a sensor(ESP) that is connected to the rear wheel was damaged. The cost to repair this was around 2000.00 dollars(parts and labor).

GO NITRO
By william on 12/31/09 16:00 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Nice Truck , fun to drive Great price, LOVE THE LOOK !!!!!! lacks power , but drives nice, drove a 2009 equinox not as nice as my Nitro ,,, TWO THUMBS UP

First 3 months OCT - DEC 09
By SilentWarrior on 12/10/09 06:29 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

B+ Sweet SUV! Love it! High ride. Not sluggish as others have said, when cornering the computer protects vehicle from over acceleration. Can override w/EVP off. I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS! Runs fast off line for 4000 lbs V6. R/T has even better performance. Best mileage w/ cruise control (highway 27 mpg). Rear seats nice & roomy, however exiting vehicle is awkward, especially for children < 10 (due to height of vehicle and far forward short floor). Front leg room is a little narrow. Has interior wind buffeting if only rear window down. Warms up quickly for heat/defrost (~10 min. at 10F). Cat Back exhaust makes vehicle 'growl'. Turn off 4WD before tight turns like parking in mall.

NITRO great look
By Bill on 11/20/09 18:23 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Nice looking inside and out, great design , rides rough , a little slugish,and poor fuel econemy. but great for the money I am Happy with it.

I hate it
By Mike on 10/12/09 14:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I hate this car the preformance is horrible it is not fun to drive I have broken down 3 times already I can't take it.

love this suv
By justus on 10/09/09 14:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Nitro SE 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

love this nitro-lways wanted one, drives like a dream, fun to drive, love it love it love it

nitro!!!!
By dodgeman1129 on 08/07/09 06:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The nitro is a great car it is fun to drive mpg is not the best but over all the nitro is a great car

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Nitro in VA is:

$122 per month*