2008 Dodge Nitro Consumer Review: Not So Sure

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV - Consumer Review

Not So Sure
By Virginia on

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my '08 Nitro because it had many of the features my other vehicle had standard. Of course I would still have my other vehicle (Mazda Trubute) except it was hit in the rear at 55mph and the damage was just to great. My Nitro had 52 miles on it and was considered used when I purchased it from the dealer. Since I have had the car the tire sensor goes off all the time indicating the tires are not equal pressure (I think it's defective)the handling took a while to get use to sicne my Mazda SUV was far superior in the handling, breaking and turning. I'm not crazy about the vehicle. I think you have to be a jeep lover or Dodge fan to enjoy this vehicle.

The best feature is the sound system.

I think the shifter in the center of the console is hard to reach if you don't have long arms. The head room getting in is weird - seat is to high- You step up and have to duck over to avoid bumping your head gettign in. Leg room is cramped. MPG's are the worst. To much plastic interior and ext.