Biggest mistake I've ever made!
By NoMoreDodge on
2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
We bought the R/T model with every option that you can get in one, except it didnt have a security system in it which makes no sense. From pretty much day one we have had nothing but problems with it. The A/C didnt work properly the first 4 months we owned it, Check engine light has come on numerous times, took it in they say nothing is wrong, passenger seat squeaks, parking brake dont work at all, rear windshield wiper breaks going through the car wash, now with only 26,500 miles on it the main computer (PCM) has to be replaced. Been in the shop for a week and part is still not in! Would recommend never buying one of these!
Favorite Features
Sound system, Nav, my gig hard drive, and rear house plug-in.
Suggested Improvements
Destroy them all! They are unsafe to be driving on the streets. Also recommended that you do not tow ANYTHING because the check engine light will come on and it will run extremely rough even after the trailer is taken off!
By lorie1167
on 02/15/11 09:04 AM (PST)

Did you end up doing anything about all of the issues you had/have with your Nitro? I am dealing with the same things on my 08, the air has not worked since we have had it (we bought it new in 09). It has been in the shop now 4 times and Friday it will be the 5th. The driver side door lock is not working, if put in reverse it stalls sometimes. I don't know what to do. I have contacted Doge and they promised to get this fixed but now I can't even get a phone call back from them. I am ready to start a lemon law suit. It can get 110 where I live and have a child with a health condition that if she gets over heated she gets very ill. They have issues with the Nitro and I think they know it. I am getting really mad now. Any one else follow up with this and get any results?