2008 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:
Think Gas First
By Queen on 05/14/08 18:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The dodge Nitro is my first car, the exterior is awesome. I would like more of a luxury feel on the inside something like the "Ford Edge", but for the price... This is a nice SUV, but it is very terrible on gas. This baby runs me about $60-$65.00 a week "light travel". DO NOT let the gas tank get below half full, you're going to have to shell out so much money to fill her up. Gas prices are steadily rising and I would NOT suggest anyone get this car unless you can really afford $350- $400 a month on gas. Its not ideal for a college student or anyone on a budget.

disappointed
By andrea on 05/06/08 08:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've only had my truck for 3 months and at first was very excited and loved my truck until the transmission started to give out a brand new vehicle took back to dealer been without my truck for 3 wks only to find out now that the parts that is needed to repair it is on Nationwide back order what's up with that!

Poor mileage
By WWALKER on 04/17/08 08:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

You can actually see the fuel gauge move in this vehicle. I have owned vehicles in most all styles & from all different car companies over the past 40+ years. Up until I got this nitro with the 3.7 v-6, I have always loved Chrysler products. I was even a loyal Chrysler man back in the 1970's/ when "build quality" was just a word in the dictionary at Chrysler. Overall I am unhappy w/ this vehicle. I should have gotten the hemi, as it could not drink any more gas than this 3.7 does. This vehicle get the worse fuel economy of any of any vehicle that I have ever owned or driven. The 3.7 is also low on power, if you intend to make a pass, you better plan ahead & allow lots of room.

Good for the money
By Piyux on 03/24/08 18:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I got this vehicle as a rental for a couple of weeks, it was practically new with only 2000 miles and I had a good chance to evaluate its features so here is my opinion to be shared with you, potential Nitro buyer. EXTERIOR: Good looking mid-size SUV. Its external design is appealing and it has the look of a tough all terrain SUV able to handle anything, I have to admit that from any angle it looks good and tall. INTERIOR: Well distributed space, not high quality finishing but OK. I'm 6'2" and I had no space problems, leg room was OK for driver and passengers. I feature I loved is that you can fold down all the seats creating a large cargo space for what you may need. They tried to max

A car with character and style
By GB on 03/24/08 04:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This thing is 70 percent a Jeep. It feels and handles like a Jeep, with all these truck-like, rugged characteristics. If you want a SUV that handles like a Porsche, this is definitely not your car. But it handles quite well and predictably. I feel very safe in this car, riding in this solid box of steel "above" the normal traffic. There is plenty of passenger room (esp. legroom for second row passengers) and a lot (!) of cargo space with the seats folded down. It tows heavy loads with ease. The 4 wheel drive is very simple (can only be used on slippery surfaces and with low speed)but works extremely well in heavy snow or muddy roads. The interior practical, not fancy.

Lovin The Nitro
By Yolanda H on 03/19/08 04:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2008 Nitro in December. I went from the GMC Envoy to the Nitro and I'm loving the Nitro. Road handling is great and the interior is very comfortable, I love the two-tone color of the seats, I wish there was a vortex engine to give the Nitro more power. I haven't put mine on the road yet, but I can't wait to take my first out of town trip.

Great in the snow!
By Don on 03/09/08 08:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We moved to very snowy southwest Colorado and realized we needed a SUV that was comfortable and rugged. After test driving the Ford Escape, Jeep Libery and Kia Sportage we drove the 2008 Dodge Nitro. The Nitro had the best look, most cabin room and best ride of everything we tested. Since our purchase we've had 3 major snow storms and the Nitro has been absolutly awesome getting through the deep snow. We've also taken the Nitro on a couple of long road trips and the ride is smooth and comfortable and I love the sound of the engine when you put the pedal to the metal.

Love this Nitro
By Keith on 02/15/08 18:20 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had mine four days but I'm in love with this vehicle. Initially was looking at other comparable SUV's and didn't even consider the Nitro until I saw one and then that's all I wanted. I have the inferno red and it's loaded with everything from the sunroof to the 20" chrome wheels and better suspension which are an option on the SLT. I love the very dark tinted windows in the back half. It's been a head turner so far and think I made a very good choice. Can't comment on gas as I'm still on my first tank but it drives great and has decent power. Outstanding price for what you get.

Love to be different
By christos on 01/08/08 12:20 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is an absolutely fantastic car! It is going to be a classic. I do not care what experts say it is a best value for money purchase in its class. If you do not want an egg for your car, if you want your car to be spacious, big enough for a five persons family but not too big, and quite adequate in every aspect, this is the car you should be looking for.

Nitro with an attitude
By Peter on 01/07/08 16:52 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

1st new car for myself and love it. It looks rough and rugged. Body style and the ride is what hooked me along with the price. Smooth ride, nice radio, great sun roof. Plenty of room in the back for storage. Goes like butter on the beach.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.