Used 2008 Dodge Nitro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

This Vehicle Leaks!!!
By Denise

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Got this vehicle for Christmas 2007 and thank God that my car dealer is honest and loyal. This vehicle leaks from the roof!! Whenever there's a heavy rain, I have to go running back to my dealer. This is a terrible Manufacturer's Flaw. Will never purchase another Dodge Nitro again!!

Have your engineers design a better roof with tracks that allow water to run off the roof of the vehicle, instead of running inside the seams of the roof and into the car!

Not So Sure
By Virginia

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my '08 Nitro because it had many of the features my other vehicle had standard. Of course I would still have my other vehicle (Mazda Trubute) except it was hit in the rear at 55mph and the damage was just to great. My Nitro had 52 miles on it and was considered used when I purchased it from the dealer. Since I have had the car the tire sensor goes off all the time indicating the tires are not equal pressure (I think it's defective)the handling took a while to get use to sicne my Mazda SUV was far superior in the handling, breaking and turning. I'm not crazy about the vehicle. I think you have to be a jeep lover or Dodge fan to enjoy this vehicle.

The best feature is the sound system.

I think the shifter in the center of the console is hard to reach if you don't have long arms. The head room getting in is weird - seat is to high- You step up and have to duck over to avoid bumping your head gettign in. Leg room is cramped. MPG's are the worst. To much plastic interior and ext.

OUR RED NITRO
By M&M

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We bought our nitro new and has been flawless after 10 months. Have found no flaws in the paint and interior. I use 4x4 for snow. The seats are very comfortable. We average 20mpg overall mileage after 9000 miles. The sunroof chrome clad 17 inch wheels, red paint really gets noticed. It has plenty of power and rides good for a 4x4. It is a solid suv at a good price.

interior design, exterior design, best front cupholders ever, ease of going to 4 wheel drive, great standard radio, lot's of leg room front & rear, great designed dash & interior, lots of room inside

can't think of any

2008 dodge nitro;
By Cindy in Poway

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a nitro 2 wheel drive RT loaded with tow package. I really like it, it drives good, controls are convenient. It is stylish, bright blue, I get good comments all the time.The only had to have a couple little things fixed. Gas mileage around town is only like 18-20 though. It pulls the boat fine. You can use 87 octane.A/C works great. I can find out temperature, gas mileage, etc. on display

The look, big, sporty, kind of steroid looking. Up off the ground, stereo controls on wheel, can shift into manual on hills, satellite radio, feel safe, easy to get in and out of

better gas mileage. Have tailgate hatch window open separately from the tailgate.

Awesome SUV
By Akazm

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I recently purchased a Dodge Nitro and so far I love it. It's MPG isn't great but it is a SUV, what do you expect? The look is awesome, great interior space, so many features, smooth and quiet ride, fun to drive. It can comfortably seat big men. The interior material is perfectly fine. For the price, it is worth every penny in my opinion.

Price, look, space, smooth and quiet ride.

Make cruise control a standard feature.