2008 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:
Great Fun to Drive
By MarNan on 07/21/08 08:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

One of the best cars we have owned. Great ride, a little hard, but very good none the less. Having just completed a 3300 mile trip and averaging over 23.4 miles per gallon was surprising. Granted we drove the speed limit using our cruise control and air conditioning only when necessary but performance was excellent. Long stretches of driving under these conditions on the interstate resulted in over 25 MPG. Rode a little stiff and driver seat a little firm for my liking but only minor problem compared to all of the other excellent features of this vehicle. Dodge has a winner in my opinion. Hope they don't decide to discontinue the model in the near future.

The Best!
By FASANI on 07/20/08 18:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Got the diesel version for outside the US market (I live in Chile, South America). Great car, beautiful, nice equipped, good interior and exterior nice. Not a single noise inside and I drive at least 10 miles a day on unpaved roads as I live in the farm. Great on mud and tried it on sand. The diesel engine is incredible. Fast and silent. Not a single problem. May be a little soft suspension, but that's good when you need it to drive on highways, as it feel as a tall car. Good rear seats space. I had many cars, including Grand Cherokees, Mercedes, etc., and this is different and great. I enjoy to drive it every day.

All around good
By myown on 07/15/08 18:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have over eleven thou on my Dodge Nitro, am very pleased with it after I took care of the things to do, I get 22 mpg in town if I stay out of it, performance is as good as most v8's, snappy,handles like a dream, Have your dealer put nitrogen in tires, retune the computer, align front end to zero, keep upkeep up & drive like you want to keep it for 15 years, my overall average is 26 combined driving city and open road.

My Dodge Nitro is Great!
By Zack on 07/14/08 19:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I really enjoy my Dodge Nitro, it handles really well, and is very good on gas, better mileage than I initially thought it would be. This is based because I have owned 4x4 Jeeps and Suzuki's. My family of four enjoy riding around together and feel very safe and comfortable in this vehicle. There is nothing bad that I can think of at this time to say about my Dodge Nitro.

Mad About You!
By dls on 07/04/08 13:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have leased 2 Jeep Grand Cherokees, a Dodge Durango, a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and now a Dodge Nitro. By far, the Dodge Nitro is my absolute favorite hands down! The Dodge Nitro is such a pleasure to drive and a head turner to boot! The overall performance is so impressive for an SUV, I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. The price point on the Nitro is far less than what you would expect to pay for such quality. Thank you to Chrysler for designing such an awesome machine!

Excellent SUV
By We love our NITRO!! on 06/26/08 16:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We really enjoy our Nitro, it handles really well, and is very good on gas, the seats are comfortable. There is nothing bad I can say about the Nitro, one of our friends is looking into one for a family car, and a car she feels safe in, and she feels safe in our Nitro.

I Love My Nitro
By Ladytnb on 06/07/08 20:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my brilliant silver Nitro 2 weeks ago. Thus far I have no complaints. This vehicle is turning heads. I traded in a Honda Element for this suv. I was skeptical because I never owned a Dodge before and some of the customer reviews were not very impressive. However, I am pleased with my decision thus far. The gas mileage is better than expected too.

So far I love it
By Matthew on 06/07/08 05:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love this machine! The only thing I have to say is it could be better on gas, but I my total miles back and forth to work is only 6 miles a day. The reviews are not that great in C.R. but I must say I don't agree with a lot of the test reviews! The style inside and out is great and I think it handles very well. ( keep up the good work Dodge)

R/T 4.0L
By vermontdodge on 06/03/08 08:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am very impressed with the overall feel and build quality if this SUV. It has a good blend of sport and utility. Drives well on both pavement and dirt roads. So far I am averaging 17 MPG.

What's up with the E brake??
By Flaming Mona on 06/02/08 16:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have over 10K miles on my Nitro. It has been into service twice because parking brake doesn't hold. Returned to me without fix, service tech said it is "self adjusting" and would self adjust if I came to full stop when in reverse and before shifting into drive. Have been doing this but no resolution to problem. Also, when reversing from parked mode it will freeze not reverse until I punch the gas pedal (safe, eh?). Service tech said because brake pads (disks?) stick together when I apply parking brake after driving due to hot metal and told me not to use the parking brake if I don't like the phenomenon. WHAT! Owner's manual says to always use parking brake! Final note: gas mileage sucks.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.