2008 Dodge Nitro SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:
IN LOVE WITH MY NITRO
By mylesmommy on 08/22/12 06:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I fell in love with the Nitor at first sight and I havent had any big issues since I ourchased it brand new in 2008. I only have one child so I didn't need anything huge but I didnt want a golf ball this is perfect the gas milage is pretty good for an SUV. Its very fun to drive as it sits a little higher than other SUV's of the same size. I was in the army so off road diriving comes natural to me and my Nitro conforms to my semi wild life style. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Nice ride
By Charles on 06/14/10 09:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

It's been a great car for the wife to drive, in fact I even enjoy driving too.

In Love with my Nitro
By GLo on 02/01/10 12:21 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my Nitro used and absolutely in love with it. I've owned it for a month now and still can't wait to just get in it and drive. Mine has the 3.7 liter which will throw your head back when the pedal is pressed, but will make your heart stop when you see the gas gauge drop. Not used to the MPG for an SUV as I've always owned a car. The Nitro is great for long trips. Plenty of room for passengers and luggage. Just an all around great vehicle. Love my Nitro!

Best Chriswtmas present I ever received!
By jaysonheather on 12/31/08 17:26 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My boyfriend bought me the Nitro for Christmas and we both love it! I don't think the gas mileage is bad at all being an SUV. The looks are great, very tough looking. The ride is very comfortable not hard like a truck. We also have the nice suspension, power sunroof and 20" chrome wheels along with all other options we could purchase. We get looks everywhere we go. I recommend anyone considering the Nitro to be ready to buy it because, you're gonna love it!

Why would you buy Japanese?
By tony on 12/13/08 02:39 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is overall very nice and a great ride. I love the sort of retro rugged look, compared to the typical frying pan looking Japanese and German cars.

All around good
By myown on 07/15/08 18:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have over eleven thou on my Dodge Nitro, am very pleased with it after I took care of the things to do, I get 22 mpg in town if I stay out of it, performance is as good as most v8's, snappy,handles like a dream, Have your dealer put nitrogen in tires, retune the computer, align front end to zero, keep upkeep up & drive like you want to keep it for 15 years, my overall average is 26 combined driving city and open road.

I Love My Nitro
By Ladytnb on 06/07/08 20:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my brilliant silver Nitro 2 weeks ago. Thus far I have no complaints. This vehicle is turning heads. I traded in a Honda Element for this suv. I was skeptical because I never owned a Dodge before and some of the customer reviews were not very impressive. However, I am pleased with my decision thus far. The gas mileage is better than expected too.

Think Gas First
By Queen on 05/14/08 18:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The dodge Nitro is my first car, the exterior is awesome. I would like more of a luxury feel on the inside something like the "Ford Edge", but for the price... This is a nice SUV, but it is very terrible on gas. This baby runs me about $60-$65.00 a week "light travel". DO NOT let the gas tank get below half full, you're going to have to shell out so much money to fill her up. Gas prices are steadily rising and I would NOT suggest anyone get this car unless you can really afford $350- $400 a month on gas. Its not ideal for a college student or anyone on a budget.

disappointed
By andrea on 05/06/08 08:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've only had my truck for 3 months and at first was very excited and loved my truck until the transmission started to give out a brand new vehicle took back to dealer been without my truck for 3 wks only to find out now that the parts that is needed to repair it is on Nationwide back order what's up with that!

Poor mileage
By WWALKER on 04/17/08 08:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

You can actually see the fuel gauge move in this vehicle. I have owned vehicles in most all styles & from all different car companies over the past 40+ years. Up until I got this nitro with the 3.7 v-6, I have always loved Chrysler products. I was even a loyal Chrysler man back in the 1970's/ when "build quality" was just a word in the dictionary at Chrysler. Overall I am unhappy w/ this vehicle. I should have gotten the hemi, as it could not drink any more gas than this 3.7 does. This vehicle get the worse fuel economy of any of any vehicle that I have ever owned or driven. The 3.7 is also low on power, if you intend to make a pass, you better plan ahead & allow lots of room.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.