Used 2008 Dodge Nitro SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

Idiling problems
By plank3

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

First vehicle that I bought brand new. The first three years were great but now the truck will stall when idling. I have taken the vehicle back to the dealership for service but the problem cannot be reproduce. Only have 70k on it. Any suggestions?

Favorite Features

Like the cargo space and ease of loading.

reliable suv
By montreal7

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

got it from new. had 100k miles and only water pump replaced. other was oil and brakes. the tail gate light switch issue is standart on this truck and i got the problem. i just disconnect the switch and go. In snow the control is the best I never see. so very reliable, fair driving and power, very good tractiion control, but cheap interior plastic. the center console was too big leaving less room for nothing. trunk wideness a little small, you could not put a plywood sheet. if the interior plastic was better quality and the console smaler i will give a 9 on 10 .. go ahead, you will like it.

Favorite Features

realibility

Suggested Improvements

smaller center console and better interior plastic.

IN LOVE WITH MY NITRO
By mylesmommy

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I fell in love with the Nitor at first sight and I havent had any big issues since I ourchased it brand new in 2008. I only have one child so I didn't need anything huge but I didnt want a golf ball this is perfect the gas milage is pretty good for an SUV. Its very fun to drive as it sits a little higher than other SUV's of the same size. I was in the army so off road diriving comes natural to me and my Nitro conforms to my semi wild life style. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Favorite Features

I love the sound system and my moon roof.

Great truck for the buck!
By beach4321

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Nitro for going on four years now. I bought it with less than 10,000 miles on it and now going on 60,000. I love my Nitro! It has been a very dependable truck with little to no problems. Lots of room for traveling and hauling. I think it is the wisest choice in a vehicle when looking for something affordable and dependable. My friend just bought the same truck and she loves hers, as well.

Favorite Features

Chrome gear shift, volume and radio controls on steering wheel, XM satelite radio capable, lots of room in the back seat, plenty of room for luggage or hauling, middle console for lots of storage.

Awesome Ride ... I Would Recommend
By bluenitroqueen

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2008 Blue Nitro for almost 2 weeks, It is an investment for me cause I hadn't had a payment on a vehicle in almost 6 months. I had a Red Jeep Liberty Limited 2002 that I paid off in January and was so glad to see it go. I had nothing ,but problems from the Liberty during the last 3 months I had it. When I saw the Electric Blue Nitro on~ line I wanted one. I set my mind to it and finally ran across one (that was blue with low mileage) and purchased it with no problem. The sound system is also a plus and I have sirius satelite radio for 3 months at no extra charge. Anyway check it out for yourself if you wanna' know ... go test drive one.

Favorite Features

Sound system and Electric Blue Color of My Nitro !

Suggested Improvements

Try leather seats vs. cloth