Used 2008 Dodge Nitro SXT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

IN LOVE WITH MY NITRO
By mylesmommy

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I fell in love with the Nitor at first sight and I havent had any big issues since I ourchased it brand new in 2008. I only have one child so I didn't need anything huge but I didnt want a golf ball this is perfect the gas milage is pretty good for an SUV. Its very fun to drive as it sits a little higher than other SUV's of the same size. I was in the army so off road diriving comes natural to me and my Nitro conforms to my semi wild life style. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Favorite Features

I love the sound system and my moon roof.

Nice ride
By Charles

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

It's been a great car for the wife to drive, in fact I even enjoy driving too.

Favorite Features

Looks

Suggested Improvements

Use lower rear end gears with the 6 speed manual transmission, the 3.21 gears are to high when driving loaded over the Continental divide.

In Love with my Nitro
By GLo

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my Nitro used and absolutely in love with it. I've owned it for a month now and still can't wait to just get in it and drive. Mine has the 3.7 liter which will throw your head back when the pedal is pressed, but will make your heart stop when you see the gas gauge drop. Not used to the MPG for an SUV as I've always owned a car. The Nitro is great for long trips. Plenty of room for passengers and luggage. Just an all around great vehicle. Love my Nitro!

Favorite Features

Everything about it. Constantly get compliments on how good it looks.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing, they are great the way they are. Just keep making them!

Best Chriswtmas present I ever received!
By jaysonheather

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My boyfriend bought me the Nitro for Christmas and we both love it! I don't think the gas mileage is bad at all being an SUV. The looks are great, very tough looking. The ride is very comfortable not hard like a truck. We also have the nice suspension, power sunroof and 20" chrome wheels along with all other options we could purchase. We get looks everywhere we go. I recommend anyone considering the Nitro to be ready to buy it because, you're gonna love it!

Favorite Features

Sunroof, 20" wheels, load & go, aggresive looks, seats, overall looks and feeling

Suggested Improvements

None yet

Why would you buy Japanese?
By tony

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is overall very nice and a great ride. I love the sort of retro rugged look, compared to the typical frying pan looking Japanese and German cars.

Favorite Features

Good handling, solid ride, great seats, good stock sound system, lots of conveniences, ice cold air. Great for Floridians like me, lots of chrome, fenders over tires nicely designed, awesome storage, quiet ride, seats firm the way I like them.