2008 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:
reliable suv
By montreal7 on 05/28/13 13:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

got it from new. had 100k miles and only water pump replaced. other was oil and brakes. the tail gate light switch issue is standart on this truck and i got the problem. i just disconnect the switch and go. In snow the control is the best I never see. so very reliable, fair driving and power, very good tractiion control, but cheap interior plastic. the center console was too big leaving less room for nothing. trunk wideness a little small, you could not put a plywood sheet. if the interior plastic was better quality and the console smaler i will give a 9 on 10 .. go ahead, you will like it.

IN LOVE WITH MY NITRO
By mylesmommy on 08/22/12 06:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I fell in love with the Nitor at first sight and I havent had any big issues since I ourchased it brand new in 2008. I only have one child so I didn't need anything huge but I didnt want a golf ball this is perfect the gas milage is pretty good for an SUV. Its very fun to drive as it sits a little higher than other SUV's of the same size. I was in the army so off road diriving comes natural to me and my Nitro conforms to my semi wild life style. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Great truck for the buck!
By beach4321 on 08/03/12 14:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Nitro for going on four years now. I bought it with less than 10,000 miles on it and now going on 60,000. I love my Nitro! It has been a very dependable truck with little to no problems. Lots of room for traveling and hauling. I think it is the wisest choice in a vehicle when looking for something affordable and dependable. My friend just bought the same truck and she loves hers, as well.

Awesome Ride ... I Would Recommend
By bluenitroqueen on 05/05/12 10:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2008 Blue Nitro for almost 2 weeks, It is an investment for me cause I hadn't had a payment on a vehicle in almost 6 months. I had a Red Jeep Liberty Limited 2002 that I paid off in January and was so glad to see it go. I had nothing ,but problems from the Liberty during the last 3 months I had it. When I saw the Electric Blue Nitro on~ line I wanted one. I set my mind to it and finally ran across one (that was blue with low mileage) and purchased it with no problem. The sound system is also a plus and I have sirius satelite radio for 3 months at no extra charge. Anyway check it out for yourself if you wanna' know ... go test drive one.

Nickie's Nitro: I Luv My Truk!
By gabroad on 01/16/11 12:43 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my used Nitro 6 months ago and still in love with it. I drive alot; have already added 22k miles and it's still going strong. Though not too pleased with the quality of the cloth interior (seats will pick up water stains); I threw on some seat covers and kept it movin... Plan to invest in new seat coverings this summer. Overall, I am very happy with my truck and love its sporty look, spacious interior, easy handling and fair gas mileage.

Best Car I have ever owned.
By Jay Macke on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My 2008 Nitro is the best car I have ever had. It is a company vehicle and the reliability and performance have been outstanding. I have 98,000 miles on the car and the only maintaince I have had to do is the scheduled oil changes. Still has original brakes and tires. The ride and handling are excellent. Wonderful car. I will purchase another one in 2011.

Perfect
By customerjoe on 06/16/10 08:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love this vehicle, never had any problems and always get compliments on the look of it, also great in snow.

Nice ride
By Charles on 06/14/10 09:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

It's been a great car for the wife to drive, in fact I even enjoy driving too.

I had better
By 484385756 on 04/01/10 20:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my nitro brand new since i bought it, it has given me nothing but problems. in the past year i have taken it to the dealership 8 times and that's not including regular maintenance. I have been driving the engine turned off, or if i come to a stop and then press the gas to go the engine just revs and then slams into gear. i do not recommend this car to anyone.

In Love with my Nitro
By GLo on 02/01/10 12:21 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my Nitro used and absolutely in love with it. I've owned it for a month now and still can't wait to just get in it and drive. Mine has the 3.7 liter which will throw your head back when the pedal is pressed, but will make your heart stop when you see the gas gauge drop. Not used to the MPG for an SUV as I've always owned a car. The Nitro is great for long trips. Plenty of room for passengers and luggage. Just an all around great vehicle. Love my Nitro!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Dodge Nitro in VA is:

$131 per month*