This is why Chrysler went bankrupt.
By ihatemynitro on
2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)
I'll never buy another Dodge. It's too bad because they look pretty cool. This one did. But what a shoddy piece of crap it has turned out to be. The roofrack is peeling from the roof, the breaklights work sporadically, the brake rotors are bad, the a/c evaporator coil is dead and I'm told will take at least $1500 to fix. Let's see, what else? Oh yeah, the front passenger window finally gave up and won't roll down (at least it's stuck up and not down). The window buttons on the driver's door only work to roll down the rear windows but they can only be rolled up from their respective door buttons. And the buttons come right off. The seats are cheap and the stitching is coming loose.
Favorite Features
At first glance it looks like a nice ride and people passing you on the street who don't know any better can't tell what a waste of money it is.
Suggested Improvements
Put some pride in your workmanship Dodge!
By thunderf4
on 01/05/12 07:35 AM (PST)

Just because you have issue with this dodge model does not mean ALL dodges will have these issues. If you buy a ford and it breaks down are you not ever going to buy another ford again?

By nitrodriver07
on 02/12/11 02:27 AM (PST)

I have the exact same issues. When I first got it it would turn off while driving. Recalled took care of that. I was called by my dealership once to tell me the roof rack had a recall and when I took it in they told me there was no recall?? MY window got stuck down and I have a baby I cant take anywhere because it is too cold. Had to borrow my daugthers car to take her to see a Dr. My license plate lights go on and off. Ft Pass switch went out. Back pass window cable tangled up. ALL my door handles broke. My breaks go bad and only one side shows wear. Still paying on the hunk of junk. Sometimes I have the urge to have it repoed to put me out of my misery. BUT I have a baby and cant afford to get in to a new OTHER brand car.