2007 Dodge Nitro Consumer Review: First kid on my block to get a

2007 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Review

SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

First kid on my block to get a new Nitro
By John Wright on

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My new Nitro had 19 miles on it the day that I purchased it on September 26, 2006. The vehicle is really a blast to drive, it has great pickup and the handling and braking make the mid-sized SUV feel like a much smaller vehicle. I have had numerous people gawking at my Nitro everywhere that I take it, I even had one guy stick his head in the window while sitting in a parking lot -- while I was still in the truck! As of this writing I now have 7 days and 345 miles of pavement under me. So far the only complaint that I have is the gas mileage not being anywhere near what the sticker indicates, averaging about 15.25 MPG (Sticker indicates 17/23). I was hoping that it would've been at least 19.

My favorite features have got to be the Moon/Sun Roof and the compass/temperature gauges. The flip-over cargo tray is really cool too and will see some use, especially after my wife takes it shopping a few time. The stock stereo system works great too! Another favorite item is the trailer package.

The major improvment would be Better Fuel Economy! Maybe include a cargo cover since it already has the connectors for one. Include the ball hitch with the trailer package. Offering a backup sensor would be a nice upgrade.
By pdubbya
on 07/12/12 16:01 PM (PDT)

BC, Canada, Nitro 4x4 SLT, Fully Load with 20" Rims, Leather Seats, Sunroof, Auto Start, Opted for the 20g Hard Drive with GPS Navigation system over the TV's. Over 5 years I have owned this vehicle with 86,000kms on it, I have only had to change my brake pads twice (Which is super easy to do yourself for $50 cost of pads) I stick to my oil changes and services never a problem with this vehicle. The Plastic body is ultimate as 1 wash makes my vehicle look like it is a 2012 again. This is literally a vehicle you can ride until the wheels fall off, even then you can sleep in it and throw on a DVD LOL other people with negative comments I would have to assume it ties into bad habits/driving patterns.