Please turn engine light off!
By Jorge on
2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)
I have had this car 3 months. Great Looks, 3.7 L. engine good track record, (Jeep Liberty) notable refinements. 1.5 months later engine’s light came on; up today still on, they have no clue (dealer, Chrysler). The third time the car stayed at dealer for four days dealer could not figure out the nature for problem. Then it was time for Chrysler. That day I drove car home with light on, and still waiting for software update. The other incident I encounter twice while driving, it just quit, and all dashboard lights came on. The sad part is that the car is for my wife’s use and daughters, instead I am driving it. Wife does not feel safe driving it, thinking she might get stranded on the road.
Favorite Features
I like the fact that this model has so many standard safety features. 4 wheel disc brakes w/ ABS and large rotors that do a great job. Electronic stability system. Front, front side and rear side airbags. Safety cage construction.
Suggested Improvements
Better gas mileage. Feels like I'm driving an H2. Needs to be more trouble free and reliable.