Not Sure I Made the Right Decision!
By Grz on
2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)
I went from a 2004 Chevy Monte Carlo SS to this and was I disappointed. The test drive was fine. The problems didn't seem to show up till the drive home. The vehicle surges from 0-40 mph and struggles to find the right gear. It sounds like it is in the wrong gear when accelerating. Hwy speeds are okay. If you need to merge don't do it. This vehicle has no pick up for passing. 2 days after I bought it I was back at the service center getting my recall fixed. I didn't know it was legal for a dealership to sell a car with a potentially deadly recall on it. I can't wait for that survey to show up. I must say it does gets some heads turning. All eyes are on me when I pull up but I miss my Chevy!
Favorite Features
I love all the features, dashboard displays, and interior design. I must say it is nice not having black leather seats in the heat of the summer like my Monte. Love the steering wheel controls. I can check how many miles till I am empty and my average gas mileage at the click of a finger.
Suggested Improvements
The transmission seems more for a Moped not a mid sized SUV. I get about 19.8 mpg so that could be better. It needs automatic lights which is good when it is overcast or you are riding through tunnels daily like I do. Needs more power. This vehicle does not seem like it has 210 horsepower.